About the Company
Our client is a leading North American solar panel manufacturer specializing in the design and engineering of rooftop applications tailored for the North American environment.
As a profitable and rapidly expanding company in one of the fastest-growing sectors of the renewable energy industry, our client boasts state-of-the-art facilities in the US and Canada. These facilities are equipped to construct the latest generation of solar products, employing advanced manufacturing technology to produce high-efficiency PV cells and modules designed to outperform competitors in the market.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Information Technology will serve as a key leader overseeing the Information Technology department. This role entails responsibility for providing strategic vision, ensuring the efficient operation of IT and OT systems, and contributing to the overall technological advancement of the organization.
By collaborating with cross-functional teams, the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in driving innovation, implementing scalable IT solutions, and maintaining the integrity and security of our client’s technology infrastructure.
- Provide strategic direction for the IT department, aligning technology initiatives with organizational goals.
- Drive innovation by identifying and implementing emerging technologies that enhance business operations.
- Oversee the IT department’s day-to-day operations, ensuring IT and OT systems’ reliability, security, and scalability.
- Manage IT budgets, resources, and vendor relationships to optimize technology investments.
- Implement and maintain robust cybersecurity measures to protect organizational data and systems.
- Develop and enforce data protection policies and procedures in compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Collaborate with various departments to understand IT needs and provide effective solutions.
- Communicate IT strategies, updates, and risks to executive leadership and other stakeholders.
The following competencies listed below define the role of IT Leader.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy considering changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems to focus on more far-reaching ideas.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Recognizes when change is necessary. Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives. Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change. Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Preferred Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Significant experience in IT roles, with at least 8 years in a leadership or managerial position.
- Proven track record of successfully managing IT operations, implementing cybersecurity measures, and driving technological innovation.
- Familiarity with the solar energy industry or similar manufacturing environments is advantageous.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to inspire and guide the IT team toward achieving strategic objectives.
- In-depth technical knowledge of IT and OT systems, networks, databases, cybersecurity, and emerging technologies.
- Ability to think strategically and align IT initiatives with the organization’s overall business strategy and standardization across multiple locations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to convey complex technical concepts and IT updates effectively.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package tailored to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:
StoneWood Group, Toronto, Canada
StoneWood Group, Toronto, Canada
Bus: 647 550 1654