THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a highly successful Canadian software/IT services company that provides management and implementation consulting services in the area of Corporate Performance Management (CPM) and Business Analytics. Our client’s mission is to deliver the highest value to its customers with unparalleled solutions/services built on innovative technologies, deep technical knowledge and exceptional customer service. Customers include major corporations in financial services, retail, government, manufacturing and healthcare. Specialized and highly regarded, the firm has grown to become a leader in its field.
While our client’s services business continues to flourish and grow, the firm has on two previous occasions built and spun off very successful software product business. Leveraging their sophisticated understanding of best practices in the fields they worked, as well as entrepreneurial savvy, our client developed innovative software products, built organizations around those products, scaled revenues and successfully sold those businesses. Our client’s interests are to explore opportunities to do this yet again.
Based in Toronto, our client is privately owned and led by very successful, proven industry veterans.
Scope of Position
Looking to build upon a solid foundation, our client seeks to bring new complementary capabilities into the organization. They seek a VP Services/Partner who in partnership with the founders will craft a strategy to accelerate growth into adjacent or related segments.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Vice President – Services/Partner will spearhead the diversification of the company’s service portfolio by introducing and leading a new consulting practice.
Possessing the skills and experience to grow a business from the ground up, the successful candidate will leverage their experience and ‘book of business’ in related or adjacent services/technologies to expand the overall services portfolio in the company. He/she will have immediate P&L responsibility and become an integral part of the management team.
The individual should have a broad business and management background including experience as a consultant and practice builder.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry positioning and opportunity for growth
- Committed and well-funded owners
- Highly entrepreneurial culture
- An opportunity to make a real difference and participate in the fruits of one’s effort
- Develop specific plans and strategies for positioning the firm in a new market.
- Develop market capture plans to achieve the company’s revenue and profit objectives.
- Lead and generate business by using uncommon thinking to clearly position the company’s services and introduce best in class solutions and services to the market.
- Play a major role in account development, closing complex deals and building ongoing relationships.
- When appropriate, hire, train, organize and effectively deploy a high performing organization. Architect the team ensuring that it has the resources, processes and operational capabilities by which to outperform and scale.
- Establish metrics and KPIs.
- Develop and implement enhanced processes to monitor funnels and forecasts.
- Maintain, improve, and create senior level relationships with existing customers with a view to driving additional revenues.
- Ensure operational milestones are met on time, with high quality – and that they meet the cost objectives that are established.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and trends.
- Report regularly and proactively to senior management on results and plans going forward.
- Adapt business model to capitalize on evolving customer needs and new competitive offerings.
- Participate in the company’s strategy planning sessions bringing forward innovative ideas and plans in an effort to bring the company to the next level.
- Assist with corporate positioning and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product positioning.
- Where appropriate, act as a spokesperson for the company with press and analysts and at industry events.
- Bring deep existing relationships that can be leveraged to an advantage.
- Assess the viability of new business opportunities and to scope out, price and structure new projects and programs.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific measures of performance relating to revenues, customer acquisition, profitability, customer satisfaction, etc. will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice-President Services/Partner at our Client
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- A highly intelligent, strategically minded Services sales executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves
- Understands market trends and analyzes customer buying patterns. Takes an organized and systemic approach to selling.
- Proven experience in building a practice in a services business or in driving growth in a software business with a services component.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience with at least five years in a leadership capacity with specific revenue growth responsibilities.
- Previous experience in a software-based company required.
- Early stage experience where the sales leader leads from the front and must wear multiple hats.
- Strong business development orientation.
- Strong team orientation well-suited to building consensus in a growing concern.
- Toronto-based or willingness to relocate to Toronto.
- A charismatic, inspirational leader rather than manager.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive base, variable and equity compensation package to the successful candidate
If interested, please contact:
Bob HebertStoneWood Group, Toronto Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777Mob: 416-889-9494 [email protected]