Our client is a high growth commercial office furniture distributor in Canada with offices nationally. The company distributes award winning office furniture and is rapidly expanding its footprint across the country. Our client is looking for a seasoned sales and business leader within the industry to join the executive team and help take this company to the next level.
Scope of Position:
Reporting to the President, the Dealer Principal will be responsible for building and developing client relationships and managing a sales force and support staff to drive revenue, establish new markets and become a leader in your sector.
The successful candidate will assess the market opportunity and contribute to the establishment of sales targets. You will also manage training programs for the Business Development Managers, setting objectives and providing employees with the tools and resources in order to make them successful.
You have built a very strong network within your territory for the commercial real estate industry. You will be seen as a leader in a dynamic work culture, and as part of the executive team, you will have an opportunity to become an owner in this growing venture.
- Ensuring the dealership meets sales goals;
- Developing account plans for the dealership;
- Developing and tracking dealer specific plans including setting overall target and profitability goals, setting specific brand target goals, and working with dealer management to ensure plans are achieved;
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities and serve the lead point of contact for the sales team on dealer business activity.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Dealer Principal:
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work; Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified; Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks; Develops plans that anticipate obstacles; Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Has a reputation for execution and delivery; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve/exceed them.
Adopts an energetic approach; Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks; Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
- Strong business and financial acumen with broad exposure and understanding of corporate strategies;
- Self-motivated, well-adapted and willing to accept responsibility for results;
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of issues meaningful to our overall organization and business and keeps that knowledge current;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Able to dedicatedly recognize dealer needs (e.g., training and support) and align resources to meet them;
- Able to craft “win/win” situations & be viewed as the “dealer advocate”;
- Sets high goals and standards for self and others in the organization;
- Self-starter; committed to excellence: accuracy in work and attention to detail;
- Extensive management skills for coordination of large projects using a multi-disciplined team approach;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and CRM.
- You will have strategic and consultative sales experience, preferably within the contract furniture or like industry;
- New Business Development background and experience working with distribution partners is very beneficial;
- Well organized and can present well in front of customers and Management;
- Possess strong leadership capabilities;
- Proven track record of sales leadership successes;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks;
- 10+ year’s office furniture or related experience primarily selling through a dealer channel;
- Strong understanding of the office furniture or interiors market (including industry structure);
- Strong marketing and product development experience;
- Experience working at a manufacturing company;
- 5+ years managing a large regional or national sales force;
- Experience with pricing structures across the entire industry including OEM’s, dealers and end customers.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive base and variable offering with options for company equity
- An option to participate in the company’s employee benefits plan
If interested, please contact:Shehreen Rahmatullah Researcher firstname.lastname@example.org (613) 592 4145 EXT 227