THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Scope of Position
The Managing Director, Ottawa reports directly to GM of Parent Company. This role is located in Ottawa and responsible for driving sales revenue and cross-functional operational effectiveness from within the Ottawa site. This role will be responsible for overall local performance, including the implementation of our Client’s Business strategy, brand promise and people strategy.
The role primary focus will be to lead our Client’s North American Business division sales effort that includes direct sales as well as partner management. In addition to owning the revenue target for the division the key executive will be responsible for championing our Client’s Business strategy in the Ottawa office and working collaboratively with the other members of the management team in Ottawa and ‘coalesce’ the team around global initiatives.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction; Clarifies roles and responsibilities; Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Encourages others by creating enthusiasm, a feeling of investment and a desire to excel; inspires others to follow and a healthy attitude to work by recognizing positive contributions.
Adopts an energetic approach; Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks; Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Has a reputation for execution and delivery; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve/exceed them.
Key Performance Indicators
- Revenue accountability achievement (25M)
- Growth of monthly recurring revenue
- Number of buying partners
- Partner Satisfaction (surveys)
- Employee Engagement (critical)
- Employee Retention Rate (critical)
- Provide leadership for our Client’s entity in Canada – a key team with over 100 employees.
- Plan short and long term local prioritization, programs and resource planning.
- Manage an existing sales organization and growing the team to meet the ongoing demand from the market.
- Implement an effective sales process, which will become the primary tool to drive company revenues and direct the sales team efforts.
- Develop, Direct/Partner effective sales plans, strategic account plans and strategies consistent with the company’s overall corporate objectives. Lead in the preparation of the company’s annual sales budgets.
- Establish and drive sales objectives and results by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; project expected sales volume for existing and new products.
- Define and build the sales organization and infrastructure of selling model to implement and successfully execute the company’s sales plan.
- Establish and maintain communication with key accounts to, enhance customer satisfaction, ascertain future requirements and resolve problems or concerns.
- Drive alignment, collaboration and communication of goals with local teams/functional groups (this includes Development, QA, Technical Support, Sales Engineering, Sales Operations Support, Marketing, HR and Finance).
- Drive positive morale, employee engagement and be accountable for overall health of the site; provide updates to the executive team on local plans and results.
- Continue to develop professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
Preferred Experience / Education
- 10+ years’ experience in sales management and people leadership with successful track record
- Bachelors’ degree in related field
- Experience in software sales environment with successful track record
- Skilled communicator, coach and relationship manager
- Skilled at managing multiple stakeholders and priorities
- A demonstrated track record and history of building and managing an effective sales process, which consistently exceeds revenue targets.
- A proven track record in selling to SMB customer directly and through channels.
- Understanding of and experience in selling applications development tools.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and strong negotiation capability
- Technically savvy; have experience interfacing with technical channel partners and technical customers.
- Individuals with an appreciation of working within acquired company environment with a head office located in another country.
Remuneration and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits