THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Supply chains power the world, a fact that has been underscored by the challenges of the pandemic and the changes it has brought. Virtually every supply chain around the globe is changing, driven by ecommerce, geopolitical forces, rising labour costs, and shifting consumer demands. Many existing supply chain platforms are old and were put in place for Y2K.
Our client is a global provider of SaaS supply chain solutions that equip the borderless enterprise for growth. Spanning multiple complex, regulated and high-volume distribution industries, the company delivers dynamic and powerful solutions for warehouse management, distribution and transportation management, supply management at point of use, retail order management, as well as financial management and analytics solutions. From demand planning to demand fulfillment, the company puts power into the hands of both front-line workers and back-office planners, helping business leaders operate sustainable and scalable logistics so they may focus on the future of their products, services and people, not on their operational challenges. Customers around the world trust their supply chains to the company in the healthcare, service parts, third-party logistics, retail and general wholesale high- volume distribution industries. The company is the market leader in North America for supply chain solutions for health systems and hospitals.
With attractive industry tailwinds, our client’s organic growth is accelerating and may be augmented by some M&A. It is expected that revenues will double in the next three years. This will present exciting challenges for the entire organization. Ensuring that the organization has timely access to the highest quality talent necessary for that growth will be the responsibility of the Global Head of Talent Acquisition.
The company currently employs approximately 700 people and enjoys and promotes an environment of respect and work life balance that results in above average employee engagement, loyalty and lower turnover. It also seems to be more fun to work there!
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth;
- History of stability;
- Superb team and culture;
- An opportunity to make a real difference.
Our client is headquartered in Canada with offices, staff and customers in the Americas and EMEA. The company is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX).
Our client is committed to fostering a workforce that reflects and respects the diversity of the communities in which they operate. They are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers all employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status.
Scope of Position
Our client is currently seeking a Global Head of Talent Acquisition. Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), the Global Head of Talent Acquisition will play a critical role in designing, building and driving a world-class talent acquisition function that will enable the firm to attract and hire exceptional talent globally.
The successful candidate must possess the vision and experience necessary to define a global talent acquisition strategy as well as the operational expertise to optimize each moment in the recruiting lifecycle. They must be comfortable operating in an agile organization where they have a significant influence on the success of the business. They are a focused, top performer in their current role and have a strong track record of coaching and developing exceptional recruitment teams as well as rolling up their sleeves when appropriate. They possess a unique blend of business savvy, analytics and strategic thinking to build a compelling narrative driving our employer brand in the marketplace
The successful candidate is a hands-on, motivated leader who has both the confidence and ability to develop strong relationships with internal clients, external vendors, and candidates alike. The individual thrives working in an evolving environment and has an orientation towards working inclusively, and collaboratively taking initiative and driving initiatives forward.
- Build a high-performance Talent Acquisition team proactive, consultative and productive;
- Enhance overall quality of hires and fit – further develop hiring manager selection skills, use of assessment tools, hiring for culture fit, hiring for today and the future;
- Focus on operational excellence:
- Productivity and accountability to deliver;
- Measurement (e.g. time to fill, candidate experience, quality of hire);
- Using technology to improve efficiency and quality of hire;
- Minimizing agency fees;
- Being ready with candidates before they are needed;
- Manage both experienced and campus hires;
- Benchmark and report on KPIs
- Work closely with Marketing to translate company value proposition into unique branding, attraction and recruitment strategies including online presence and through social media;
- Create workforce and hiring plans, both annually and for specific projects;
- Ensure consistency of approach across the talent acquisition organization
- Stewardship of company selection process, focusing on speed, quality and cost;
- Lead and build current distributed team of 4 professionals;
- Bring new selection approaches and technologies to the company (AI, assessments, etc.) to improve TA results;
- Continuously improve the TA system(s) as part of the firm’s ERP systems;
- Develop additional capacity through relationships with external partners and agencies;
- Manages agency procurement process, using agencies in the right spots and minimizing cost;
- Contribute to global HR leadership team on broader issues;
- Build flexible capacity into TA team, to enable the organization to respond quickly to rapid changes in the business;
- Create a culture within the Talent Acquisition Team that supports process improvement, increased efficiency and cost effectiveness;
- Establish and maintain talent market expertise including comprehensive view of industry trends and competitors, innovative recruiting techniques, provide expertise in market insights and talent landscape across our client’s diverse sectors;
- Conduct regular meetings with senior executives to review strategic hiring needs, recruiting activities, and applicant pipeline development plans – adapting as required to the changing needs of the business;
- Enhance candidate experience by establishing and maintaining responsive, consistent feedback loop for candidates;
- Empower the Talent Acquisition Team through regular coaching and engagement practices by sharing industry trends, market intelligence, and best practices.
- Take steps to ensure diversity targets are met for the overall organization.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be discussed with and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Global Head of Talent Acquisition:
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles; Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added and return on investment; Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Incorporates information about the organization’s structure and protocol into decisions. Attentive to the internal politics and alert to shifting interpersonal dynamics. Establishes the necessary support networks and cross-functional relationships through rapport building. Recognizes, maintains and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts; Divides problems into their individual elements; Develops several explanations or alternatives; Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Quickly adapts to new situations and approaches; Open to change and readily adopts new methods in the face of shifting priorities and ambiguity; Can alter own perspective and behavior in order to adjust to changing demands and plans.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed-upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- Solid recruiting history with at least At least 10 years of progressive TA experience;
- Global, inclusive thinker with experience in helping organizations scale and grow
- Demonstrated experience successfully developing and executing metrics-driven global inclusive recruitment strategies in a high growth environment
- Experience in building and leveraging a compelling employment brand to position the company as an employer of choice
- Strong leadership, management and organizational skills;
- Operations and continuous improvement skills with ability to pivot as needed
- High EQ (self-awareness, empathy, social skills, self-regulation, desire to learn);
- Resilient, confident, persistent;
- Comfortable analyzing and drawing conclusions from complex and multiple data sources;
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills and the ability to prioritize business requirements appropriately through a collaborative partnership approach
- Change leadership skills (initiate change, plan, project-manage, overcome resistance, making change stick);
- Strong, concise, persuasive communication/coaching skills (reports, 1:1, meetings, public speaking);
- Able to make good decisions under pressure, and in ambiguous circumstances;
- Consummate team builder and team player;
- Creative problem solver;
- Strong people developer (willing to hire people smarter than you, good eye for talent, create and support stretch assignments, give feedback, career sponsor, rewards and recognizes).
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777