About the Company
Company is nation’s leading point-of-service solution company in the healthcare industry. Headquartered in New York, and with operational support across the United States and in Ontario, Canada.
The Company’s technology solutions improves the patient experience by better preparing them for their appointments, offering up-to-date health education relevant to their medical concerns, and enabling them to verify, rather than re-enter, information recorded at previous visits to the medical practice.
Scope of Position
Company considers customer success to be a high growth area and mission critical to the company’s revenue growth and success. Appropriately, the company has been searching for a best-in-breed software executive to assume the challenging and rewarding role of Vice President of Customer Success.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the Company‘s customer success organization made up of two teams, each focusing on different types of engagements. One responds to customer requirements with urgency and immediacy; the other works directly with customers to ensure the product is utilized effectively and efficiently as a revenue driver. This position also has responsibility for technical support and is heavily involved in customer implementation.
The VP of Customer Success position has four direct reports with a total team size of 50-plus individuals. The successful candidate will report to the Co-founder, and be a contributing member of the Leadership Team. He/she will have a strong voice and play a pivotal role in communicating customer requirement suggestions and vision to the company’s management.
The ideal candidate has experience building and leading large customer support organizations for software companies in a SaaS environment. The VP, Customer Success will recruit, manage, lead and motivate technical and non-technical teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Oversee the Customer Success Management team
- Establish services strategy and execution plan as a part of the overall corporate business planning processes and also provide significant input into long-term corporate strategy and direction, as well as short-term tactical decisions
- Recruit and retain top talent for company‘s Technical Support and Customer Success teams and develop career paths for the team members
- Work closely with the Sales team to ensure company creates and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction and internal execution alignment, identifies appropriate customer profiles to ensure maximum customer success
- Manage customer retention, churn and other key SaaS metrics to top industry standards and ensure that Customer Success objectives align and meet those of the organization.
- Provide feedback to software development/product marketing on product issues that impact the customer experience and ensure that continuous improvement and best practices are in place.
- Identify opportunities for revenue expansion within the company’s network
- Work closely with the company’s implementation team to ensure consistent quality and smooth transition to the Customer Success team.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 10 plus years of experience in software support and/or implementation
- Five plus years of experience in customer success
- Experience in enterprise sales and/or international experience highly valued
Remuneration and Benefits
- Base Salary is competitive plus variables and benefits.