About the Company
Our client is an award-winning renewable energy solutions provider based in Atlantic Canada. Founded in 2016, they are on a mission to help businesses create pathways to a carbon-neutral future through innovative renewable energy solutions, including solar energy and battery energy storage. The company’s Agrisolar solution, which was refined for harsh weather climates, now accounts for over half of all grid-tied solar in New Brunswick. Already a leader in Atlantic Canada, the company is now expanding their sales and business development efforts throughout the region.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Regional Business Development Manager will drive the growth of renewable energy projects within the commercial/agriculture sector for the business as it expands its reach throughout the Maritimes. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and securing new business opportunities, building relationships with clients, developing strategic partnerships, and taking these complex sales across the finish line. This opportunity will appeal to individuals who want to make a real impact within the energy and sustainability sector and who have a strong ambition to grow their careers in an entrepreneurial environment.
Responsibilities & Functional Tasks
- Create opportunities for growth and profitability by driving new business and securing new contacts.
- Develop sales strategies specific to each opportunity and provide guidance and direction to internal stakeholders (e.g. engineering/estimating).
- Qualify new business opportunities for overall fit with the company’s value proposition.
- Undertake high-level design and estimating/quoting of solar and battery systems to enable quick turnaround of indicative pricing (training will be provided if needed).
- Maintain key relationships and accounts that result in closed deals and ongoing referrals.
- Help to build and foster a client-centric sales environment that is focused on new business development, retention and relationship development.
- In conjunction with the Chief Development Officer, develop and maintain a business plan and strategy that ensures the attainment of revenue goals.
- Host events, speak at public seminars and forums, and act as an ambassador representing the company in an official capacity on an as-needed basis.
- Stay apprised of clean energy and agricultural industry trends.
- Be a trusted colleague and catalyst for positive change.
Results Orientation: Focuses strongly on achieving agreed-upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Role Expertise: Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up to date in own area of expertise.
Influence: Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively; Negotiates skilfully and convinces others of their own point of view; Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others; Mobilizes people into action.
Strategic Approach: Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Works to clarify organizational goals. Able to manage immediate challenges while focussing on longer-term objectives.
Commercial Acumen: Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations regarding costs, profits, added value and return on investment.
Initiative: Proactive; Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately; Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Integrity & Sincerity: Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Customer/Client Orientation: Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efﬁcient service; Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs; Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints; Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Interpersonal Understanding & Sensitivity: Accurately predicts others’ reactions to events; Displays concern and respect for individuals’ feelings and opinions; Understands others’ attitudes, interests, and needs; Takes time to listen to others.
Preferred Experience / Education
- Significant front-line sales experience, preferably in energy and or agriculture.
- Proven experience closing 5-6 figure deals with minimum annual sales targets of $1 million.
- Specific renewable energy experience is a strong asset, including experience with Helioscope or other energy modelling software.
- Specific experience in farming or other agricultural sectors is a strong asset.
- An Undergraduate Degree or College Diploma in related fields is an asset.
- Experience with MS Office & Teams, HubSpot (or other CRM).
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in remote working environments requiring self-direction and motivation.
- Exhibits high standards of business and personal ethical conduct.
Remuneration / Benefits
- Competitive compensation and benefits package tailored to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact: