About the Company
Shifting to a low carbon world requires meeting a growing demand for clean energy technologies and innovative business models. Our client is a renewable energy company that offers customized solutions to reduce carbon emissions and manage energy costs. Through creative design and process innovation it integrates proprietary technologies into conventional HVAC systems to decarbonize buildings. Its turnkey solutions and services are tailored to allow communities and businesses to participate in a new economy that is rapidly shifting toward a more sustainable future for all.
Our client seeks to expand its leadership team through the addition of a proven Chief Financial Officer to ensure that it exploits the opportunity before it.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO and partnering with all senior stakeholders, the CFO shall provide financial guidance and counsel on all matters relating to the finance function including strategic business planning, budgeting and forecasting, business analysis, and corporate growth strategies.
Additionally, the successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring that all projects are optimally structured to achieve the company’s financial objectives and strategic goals.
This opportunity will appeal to individuals that want to make a real impact in a highly entrepreneurial and successful renewable energy company with rapid growth ambitions.
- Provide hands-on leadership, guidance, mentorship and performance management to the finance and broader team. Oversee and manage the accounting, tax, insurance, budget, credit and treasury and capital structure functions ensuring that the interests of all stakeholders are served.
- Review, refine and implement as appropriate all internal financial systems, controls and processes to ensure the timely and accurate capture, dissemination, analysis and reporting of all data for timely business decisions.
- Oversee all financial budgeting, forecasting and planning in a timely manner so that the strategic aims and objectives of the organization are achieved.
- Ensure proper financial metrics and decision KPIs are established for proper ROI decision making as related to key investments and capital allocation.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports.
- Originate, negotiate and close project finance transactions by coordinating internal processes across departments (i.e., finance, legal, development, engineering, project management, etc.).
- Develop and manage relationships with external financing stakeholders including but not limited to lenders, advisors and equity investors as well as an audit firm for annual audit/income tax activities and all related matters.
- Serve as a champion for enterprise excellence and the maximizing of value creation through operational excellence.
- Support the business development and project origination efforts by evaluating financeable deals and developing competitive bid pricing based on optimization of capital sources.
- Responsibility and oversight of IT infrastructure and security while ensuring that IT is not only aligned to the needs of the business but enables its growth.
- Stay up-to-date with trends and key market terms to enable the company to underwrite growth opportunities with confidence, seek ongoing opportunities for innovation and optimization in financing approaches, including developing and evaluating strategic financing alternatives (i.e., different structures or partners).
The following competencies listed below define the role of Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members..
Preferred Experience / Education
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Commerce or Administration with CPA or equivalent designation. An MBA is highly desired.
- A minimum of 10-12 years of progressive, hands-on experience in financial management with increasing responsibilities ideally in a capital intensive, project-oriented environment.
- In-depth understanding of project finance structuring and financial modelling for such structures is highly desired while international experience would be welcomed.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, with a team and to collaborate across various departments.
- Experience in a high-growth, highly entrepreneurial, founder-led environment an asset.
- Exhibits high standards of business and personal ethical conduct.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package which will include equity incentive tailored to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact: