About the Company
Our client is an award-winning, employee-owned multidisciplinary firm that delivers a comprehensive range of technical and strategic services, including consulting, information technology, engineering, process development, project and construction management to large industrial sectors. The firm has served clients for over 80 years and has project experience in more than 150 countries around the world.
The firm is widely recognized for its ability to bridge the gaps between research and innovative technologies, and between engineering and reliable operations. It is particularly known for working with clients to develop business strategies and technologies; managing and optimizing production; executing projects that involve the scale-up of process technologies; and managing start-ups, commissioning and ramp-ups.
Our client delivers unprecedented business results for its clients through a commitment to quality, lower operating costs, more efficient utilization of capital assets, higher standards for safety and risk management, faster start-ups and continuous performance improvements in all projects and programs.
Scope of Position
The global energy transition is upon us. As we shift to a low carbon world, meeting the growing demand for energy will require revolutionary thinking and a variety of resources. While the market is dynamic, its challenges present opportunities and serve as a major catalyst for change. With innovative, global businesses in Power, ESG, Advisory and Digital, our client is a global leader in that change process.
Our client is seeking a visionary individual to lead their expansion in the dynamic and rapidly growing LNG sector. As the Global Director LNG, you will be responsible for spearheading the development of our client’s LNG business in the United States and other international markets. This pivotal role requires strategic thinking, deep industry knowledge, and a demonstrated track record of successfully positioning and growing business lines within the LNG or adjacent sectors.
In addition to engineering services, this position involves leveraging our client’s broader market offerings, such as environmental solutions, decarbonization strategies, digital technologies, advisory services, and debottlenecking, to create a comprehensive and competitive offering in the LNG sector.
Our client’s business is growing and dynamic, and thus the LNG Leader will require an entrepreneurial spirit with a technical soul. Key to success will be the ability to understand client industry trends and leverage internal and external relationships to identify, target and capitalize upon the tremendous market growth before it.
- Work with the senior management team to develop, refine and implement the strategic direction for the Renewables practice. This will include developing and focusing the strategic road map and market plans with the goal of expanding and improving market penetration and enhancing competitive positioning.
- Work closely with Energy Sector Leadership and its clients to identify and develop opportunities.
- Work closely with the other practice leads within the client’s other businesses to ensure tight alignment of strategies, technologies, people and processes.
- Build and develop the LNG practice through internal and external recruitment of the best talent and through ongoing team development.
- Build and provide ongoing direction, performance management and developmental support to the LNG team. Continue to build world-class capabilities.
- Focus the team to accelerate and drive the growth of the business, new market penetration and development, sector leadership and profitability.
- Ensure that the LNG practice is fully aligned with the objectives and direction of the organization.
- Align the culture, values, metrics and governance of the LNG practice to those of the overall organization.
- Lead and oversee the successful execution of LNG projects, ensuring adherence to engineering standards, regulatory compliance, and high-quality deliverables.
- Drive business development efforts, including identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, engaging with potential clients, and cultivating strategic relationships with LNG EPC Contractors, especially those with Japanese and other international backgrounds.
- Provide leadership and guidance to cross-functional teams, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Take ownership of the P&L for the LNG business unit, monitoring financial performance, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing strategies to achieve profitability goals.
- Stay abreast of industry advancements, emerging technologies, and regulatory changes in the LNG sector, translating insights into actionable strategies.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor to clients, offering strategic advice, solutions, and thought leadership in the LNG space.
- Travel as required to client sites, project locations, and industry conferences to build relationships, represent the company, and identify business opportunities.
- Report regularly and proactively to the Energy Sector Leader on results and plans going forward.
- Champion the group’s interests to major customers and internal stakeholders.
- Serve as an ambassador for the group representing it at conferences, speaking engagements, and other external industry related events.
- Where possible, leverage relationships and projects to the benefit of other divisions and the organization as a whole.
- Use LNG opportunities and pursuits as a mechanism to drive growth of the firm’s other business practices, where synergies can be achieved.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be discussed with and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Global Director LNG:
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Incorporates information about the organization’s structure and protocol into decisions. Attentive to the internal politics and alert to shifting interpersonal dynamics. Establishes the necessary support networks and cross-functional relationships through rapport building. Recognizes, maintains and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:10+ years of management consulting or relevant industry and domain experience
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in the renewable energy sector
- Eng. or demonstrated eligibility for registration
- Extensive experience in the global LNG sector, with a strong understanding of industry dynamics, trends, and project life cycles.
- Experience in growing a P&L
- Proven experience in creatively applying integrative solutions to solving problems
- Knowledge of the energy regulatory environment
- A highly intelligent, strategically minded executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to roll-up his/her/their sleeves
- Strong team orientation well-suited to building consensus in a global concern
- Experience in building and managing distributed teams of professionals
- Team leadership experience
- Proven hands-on experience in LNG engineering and project execution, with a track record of delivering successful outcomes.
- Proven business development expertise, including identifying and pursuing new opportunities, conducting contract negotiations, and fostering strategic partnerships.
- Well-established relationships and insights with various Japanese and other LNG EPC Contractors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels.
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative, strong leadership capabilities, and the ability to work independently.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive, unique compensation package to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777