About the Company
Our client is an award-winning, employee-owned multidisciplinary firm that delivers a comprehensive range of technical and strategic services, including consulting, information technology, engineering, process development, project and construction management to large industrial sectors. The firm has served clients for over 80 years and has project experience in more than 150 countries around the world.
The firm is widely recognized for its ability to bridge the gaps between research and innovative technologies, and between engineering and reliable operations. It is particularly known for working with clients to develop business strategies and technologies; managing and optimizing production; executing projects that involve the scale-up of process technologies; and managing start-ups, commissioning and ramp-ups.
Our client delivers unprecedented business results for its clients through a commitment to quality, lower operating costs, more efficient utilization of capital assets, higher standards for safety and risk management, faster start-ups and continuous performance improvements in all projects and programs.
Scope of Position
The global energy transition is upon us. As we shift to a low carbon world, meeting the growing demand for energy will require revolutionary thinking and a variety of resources. While the market is dynamic, its challenges present opportunities and serve as a major catalyst for change. With innovative, global businesses in Power, ESG, Advisory and Digital, our client is a global leader in that change process.
Our client is seeking a visionary Global Director Midstream to lead its expansion and growth in the Midstream sector. As the Global Director Midstream, you will be responsible for building and strengthening our client’s Midstream business in the United States while enhancing their capabilities globally. This critical role requires strategic thinking, extensive industry knowledge, and a proven track record of successfully positioning and growing business lines within the Midstream sector. In addition to engineering services, this position involves leveraging our client’s broader market offerings, such as environmental solutions, decarbonization strategies, digital technologies, advisory services, and debottlenecking, to create a comprehensive and competitive Midstream practice.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy to establish and expand our client’s Midstream business in the United States, while leveraging global opportunities and aligning with overall company objectives.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities in the Midstream sector, including project acquisitions, partnerships, and joint ventures, with a focus on enhancing our client’s market presence and revenue streams.
- Lead and oversee the successful execution of Midstream projects, ensuring adherence to engineering standards, regulatory compliance, and high-quality deliverables.
- Drive business development efforts by identifying and engaging with potential clients, cultivating strategic relationships, and promoting our client’s comprehensive market offerings.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify emerging trends, competitor activities, and potential areas for growth and differentiation within the Midstream sector.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop integrated solutions that combine engineering expertise with environmental sustainability, decarbonization strategies, digital technologies, advisory services, and debottlenecking capabilities.
- Take ownership of the P&L for the Midstream business unit, monitor financial performance, identify areas for improvement, and implement strategies to achieve profitability goals.
- Oversee contract negotiations, ensuring favorable terms and conditions while mitigating risk for the organization.
- Keep abreast of industry advancements, regulatory changes, and emerging technologies in the Midstream sector, translating insights into actionable strategies to position the firm competitively.
- Foster and maintain relationships with key industry players, stakeholders, and decision-makers, particularly in Canada and the United States, to drive business opportunities and stay ahead of market trends.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required to support business development efforts, project execution, and industry conferences.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be discussed with and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Global Director Midstream:
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Incorporates information about the organization’s structure and protocol into decisions. Attentive to the internal politics and alert to shifting interpersonal dynamics. Establishes the necessary support networks and cross-functional relationships through rapport building. Recognizes, maintains and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- The ideal candidate is well-versed in the global Midstream sector, possesses hands-on engineering and execution experience, has a strong P&L background, excels in business development and contract negotiations, and has deep insights and relationships, especially in Canada and the United States. This role offers a unique opportunity to shape our client’s growth trajectory and contribute to the advancement of the Midstream sector globally.
- Eng. or demonstrated eligibility for registration
- Proven hands-on experience in Midstream engineering and project execution, with a track record of delivering successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated P&L responsibility, financial acumen, and the ability to manage budgets and drive profitability.
- Strong business development expertise, including identifying and pursuing new opportunities, conducting contract negotiations, and fostering strategic partnerships.
- Excellent strategic thinking abilities, with the capacity to translate market insights into actionable plans and position the firm effectively in the Midstream sector.
- Familiarity with H2, CO2, Ammonia, and related activities in the Midstream sector is a valuable asset.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at
- Our client’s business is growing and dynamic, and thus the Midstream Leader will require an entrepreneurial spirit with a technical soul. Key to success will be the ability to understand client industry trends and leverage internal and external relationships to identify, target and capitalize upon the tremendous market growth before it.
- Proven experience in creatively applying integrative solutions to solving problems
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive, unique compensation package to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777