THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is an award-winning digital and mobile software consultancy that provides user-centric design and engineering services to global enterprises, helping them meet their digital initiatives.
Our client’s mission is to deliver unparalleled value to its customers with exceptional solutions/services built on innovative technologies, deep technical knowledge and outstanding customer service. Customers include Fortune 1000 and industry leaders across North America in financial services, retail, media, CPG, telecommunications and healthcare. Specialized and highly regarded, the firm has grown to become a leader in its field.
Based in the Greater Toronto Area, our client is privately owned and led by successful, proven industry veterans.
Scope of the Position
Armed with differentiated market offerings, established marquee accounts, and a large addressable market, our client is poised for explosive growth. Driving that growth will be the responsibility of the VP, Sales.
Reporting to the CEO, and assuming a pivotal position on the management team, the VP Sales will be responsible for developing, directing and executing the company’s sales strategy.
Working as a ‘player/coach’ the VP Sales will drive top line results while building an effective and scalable outside sales, inside sales and lead generation organization.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth
- Proven, innovative technology
- Committed owners
- Highly entrepreneurial culture
- An opportunity to make a real difference
- Develop specific plans and strategies for market capture to achieve the company’s aggressive revenue and profit objectives.
- Take a major role in key account relationships, closing complex deals and building ongoing relationships.
- Hire, train, organize and effectively deploy a high performing sales organization. Architect the team ensuring that it has the resources, processes and operational capabilities by which to outperform and scale.
- Establish sales metrics and KPIs.
- Develop and implement enhanced sales processes to monitor sales funnels and forecasts. Establish a repeatable sales model incorporating a strong value proposition for the different client markets and geographies.
- Focus the team to accelerate and drive the growth of the business, new market development, sector leadership and profitability.
- Maintain, improve, and create senior level relationships with existing customers with a view to driving additional revenues.
- Ensure operational milestones are met on time, with high quality – and that they meet the cost objectives that are established.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and trends.
- Report regularly and proactively to senior management on results and plans going forward.
- Adapt business model to capitalize on evolving customer needs and new competitive offerings.
- Participate in the company’s strategy planning sessions bringing forward innovative ideas and plans in an attempt to bring the company to the next level.
- Assist with corporate positioning and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product positioning.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- New customer revenue growth
- Total revenue growth 3
- Customer diversification
- # of new enterprise accounts
Developing & Coaching Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees. Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development. Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities. Adjusts coaching style based on each employee’s ability and motivation level.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner. Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience. Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Generates new ideas. Challenges existing assumptions. Goes beyond the status quo. Recognizes the need for new or modified approaches. Brings various perspectives and approaches together, combining them in a creative fashion to implement effective improvements.
Adopts an energetic approach. Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Preferred Experience and Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- A strategically minded, results oriented sales executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves.
- Preference will be given to individuals with a university bachelor degree or more.
- 10+ years building and leading high-performing revenue organizations focused on driving consistent, aggressive revenue growth.
- A driving management style that leverages the strengths of the team while stretching and motivating them in attaining breakthrough results.
- Proven track record of success selling enterprise level digital IT solutions to a North American audience. Demonstrable experience earning the trust, respect and confidence of the appropriate customer community.
- Proven track record of establishing and implementing repeatable, scalable sales processes with measurable metrics and KPIs.
- A team player with a ‘bias for action’ and a proactive, ‘own it, solve it’ mindset. Competitive by nature with a burning desire to win.
- A charismatic, inspirational leader rather than manager.
If interested, please contact:
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 233
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 555