THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Client
Client’s is to establish a nationally recognized premium brand of lifestyle-improving, high-margin, cannabinoid based products. They plan to achieve this by offering a superior customer experience and by having a superior product by investing in research and development on extracts, drugs and combinatory molecules.
As the market continues to change the company will leverage its well-established mass premium brand (masstige) and develop patented cannabinoid based products, diversifying its market penetration into cosmetics, personal hygiene and care products through non-MMPR retail channels.
Client’s market is large consumer based prestige; premium product but attainable. Their products will be priced at or near the top of their category, while still in reach of the middle-market consumers. The companies marketing strategy will be to leverage the mass prestige brand and focuses on functionality, making people feel better. Their products are designed to help people feel better depending on common time of day symptoms.
Scope of Position
The VP Sales reports to the Chief Operations Officer and will drive the company’s revenues, including customer retention, renewal and customer acquisition. As the company continues to grow this executive will be required to build and manage a Customer Service and Sales organization.
This roll-up the sleeves bag-carrying executive will be responsible for the strategic direction and execution of all of the company’s direct and indirect sales efforts. The VP Sales will be responsible for developing, directing and executing Client’s Sales strategy based on the current and future product offerings. The successful candidate will be responsible for revenue growth across all customer and geographic product segments. He/she will also be expected to fine-tune the sales process and appropriate reporting.
Obtain 500 customers by September 2015 and 4500 customers by September 2017
- Develop plans and strategies for evangelizing and developing business to achieve the company’s aggressive revenue and profit objectives.
- Lead and develop the Sales and Customer Service team, operations and resources.
- Define and oversee incentive programs that support the attainment of company sales objectives, and motivate the sales team to achieve their individual sales targets.
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential, ensuring outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners.
- Develop, establish, and direct channel and distribution strategies and programs.
- Work closely and cooperatively with the Chief Operations Officer to define and refine the value proposition and execute lead generation programs.
- Develop a close working relationship with Marketing to help evolve the product strategy and direction based on market and customer developments.
- Manage the overall sales process, set and manage appropriate metrics for sales funnel management. Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
- Preparing timely reports and analytical metrics allowing the monitoring and appraisal of sales programs and efforts.
- Assist in the corporate budget planning process, specifically in sales forecasting and sales pipeline management. As the sales leader, be the lead on driving the top line, and share in achieving the bottom line objectives.
- Define and implement infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function. Oversee the management of a CRM system and the integration of the system with other areas/systems in the company.
- Grow and manage the sales pipeline to meet or exceed the business plan.
- Be a role model for the company culture.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
University/College degree with five plus years sales experience, with an additional five years retail sales with masstige brand experience selling direct to consumer/or CPG industries, and at least 3 years in a senior management role.
- A versatile player-coach, able to build, lead and develop a team of direct sales, be comfortable overseeing an inside sales team, and be able and willing to directly manage relationships with customers.
- Experience scaling an inside sales operation to sell direct to the consumer.
- Work related experience with a company growing revenues from $1M to $3M+.
- Established contacts and relationships with potential customers and channel partners.
- Proven business acumen and ability to manage budgets
- Commitment to exceed customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Experience in choosing, deploying and using sales applications, such as Salesforce.com.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced setting.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and handle stress personally and professionally.
Remuneration and Benefits
Competitive base salary + variable component + stock options + benefits package