THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Client
Based in St. John’s, Newfoundland, our Client is a highly specialized software engineering company that provides a variety of IP cores for OTN, SONET/SDH and Ethernet applications to major telecom equipment manufacturers and ASSP vendors around the globe.
Scope of Position
Client is growing rapidly, and is currently seeking a qualified Manager Software Development to oversee and to be a part of their technical team. Reporting to the Managing Director, the individual will provide day-to-day leadership of the team with an emphasis on maintaining a highly cohesive and productive environment. This individual will also be responsible for designing and providing technical documentation for new product features, developing and maintaining our software licensing API libraries, as well as working with QA to provide an understanding of new application features and participating in the review of test plans.
• Refine and further develop software engineering processes and systems with a view to creating a scalable development environment which meets current departmental requirements, while anticipating future growth and complexity;
• Working to further enhance the software development lifecycle while ensuring quality standards are maintained and improved;
• Managing the SWT Group’s day-to-day activities so as to ensure that the available departmental resources for the successful delivery of technology on-time and within budget;
• Maintaining and ensuring periodic and effective communication and reporting within the SWT Group and with the VP, Technology and business units;
• Collaborating with the ADSP Group for purposes of developing DSP simulation tools and communications software internal and external customers purposes;
• Contributing to key, software-related technical decisions within Avalon Microelectronics and acting as a focal point for the Software Tools Group
• Maintaining keen awareness of the trends and conditions in software development tools relative to the needs of the company’s customers and business units;
• Aligning the SWT Group’s activities with the company goals and strategic direction, as well as with the company’s corporate values around customer service and people.
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience:
• BEng or BSc (Computer Science)
• 7+ years of software development experience; 3 to 5 years experience in a management/leadership role
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Strong team-oriented work ethic
• Good working knowledge of Linux, C++, C, Perl, and multi-platform development issues.
• Knowledge of Optical Transport Networks (OTN), SONET/SDH, Ethernet and related protocols
• Understanding of hardware descriptive languages such as Verilog/VHDL would be considered an asset
• Desire to work with world-class technologies and people in delivering value for our customers
competitive base + bonus + benefits