THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Headquartered in the Greater Toronto Area with operations throughout eastern Canada our client provides a suite of industrial services to a broad range of enterprise clients.
Acquisitive, privately owned and led by a highly dynamic and entrepreneurial leadership team, our client is ideally positioned to continue exploiting a growing and significant market opportunity.
Our client now needs to bring on-board a proven Chief Financial Officer to ensure that it exploits the opportunity before it.
Scope of Position
The CFO shall provide financial guidance and counsel on all matters relating to the finance function including strategic business planning, budgeting and forecasting, business analysis, and corporate growth strategies.
Reporting to the CEO and partnering with all senior stakeholders, the CFO shall be focused on ensuring that the company’s financial systems, controls and processes are properly implemented to ensure the company’s goals, objectives and strategies are pursued and executed with discipline and operational efficiencies achieving best in class status.
This opportunity will appeal to individuals that want to make a real impact in a high growth, entrepreneurial and successful business as it looks to the future.
- Provide hands-on leadership, guidance, mentorship and performance management to the finance and broader team. Oversee and manage the accounting, tax, insurance, budget, credit and treasury and capital structure functions ensuring that the interests of all stakeholders are served.
- Review, refine and implement as appropriate all internal financial systems, controls and processes to ensure the timely and accurate capture, dissemination, analysis and reporting of all data for timely business decisions.
- Oversee all financial budgeting, forecasting and planning in a timely manner so that the strategic aims and objectives of the organization are achieved.
- Ensure proper financial metrics and decision KPIs are established for proper ROI decision making as related to key investments and capital allocation.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports.
- Act as a key strategic and operational contributor to the overall growth of the business.
- Manage relationship with audit firm for annual audit/income tax activities and all related matters.
- Serve as a champion for enterprise excellence and the maximizing of value creation through operational excellence.
- Ensure that the finance organization is structured and sized so as to be optimally aligned to the needs of the business.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
- Manage financial relationships/contracts with suppliers, customers, bankers and partners along with the CEO and other team members.
- Effectively manage the company’s cash and securities positions and drive supplementary initiatives deemed necessary by the company.
- Remain informed about the business, put measurements and reporting dashboards into place enabling real time assessment of performance and ‘what’s over the horizon’.
- Ensure that IT is not only aligned to the needs of the business but enables its growth.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Consults widely for business or technical advice, probes for facts and obtains information from a wide variety of sources. Differentiates the critical from the irrelevant or trivial.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Preferred Experience / Education
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Commerce or Administration with CPA or equivalent designation
- A minimum of 12-15 years of progressive, hands-on experience in financial management with increasing responsibilities for multi-faceted planning, including in-depth analysis of corporate business data
- Experience working in owner operator, fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environments
- An analytical owner operator mindset with an unwavering attention to detail
- Demonstrates a keen interest and curiosity in business fundamentals to leverage a detailed understanding of ‘what’s driving the numbers’
- Ability to work independently and multi-task under pressure
- Experience as a key contributor in scaling a business to $1B+ through the judicious implementation of financial controls, systems and processes
- Exhibits high standards of business and personal ethical conduct
Remuneration & Benefits
Highly competitive compensation package which will include equity incentive tailored to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact: