THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Well funded, backed by an impressive international investor group and in the process of becoming publicly listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, our client’s blockchain based payments offerings provides a consumer and merchant friendly platform to transact efficiently, securely and cost effectively.
With a highly targeted audience, our client will launch its offering in Canada before expanding internationally.
Scope of the Position
Reporting to the CEO, the General Manager will be responsible for executing our client’s corporate objectives by identifying and developing market opportunities in Canada. The role will focus on the introduction of our client’s innovative social payment solutions to our client’s target audience by working with all necessary internal and external stakeholders.
With market adoption critical to our client’s growth and success, our client seeks and individual who is strategic in approach while adept at marshalling resources and building and motivating a team to execute the company’s strategy.
- Drive the establishment and growth of the company in Canada
- Define/refine the company’s value proposition in Canada and define the supporting messaging product specification
- Anticipate the company’s growth trajectory and hire human capital in anticipation of such growth.
- Establish presence and credibility in the Canadian market, with a particular focus on working with stakeholders to develop the company’s reputation and messaging
- Identify new opportunities and partnerships to increase the company’s penetration in Canada
- Position the company at the forefront of Canadian digital payments technology
- Work with the CEO to own and deliver on the P&L of the Canadian business
- Working closely with the product development and engineering organizations to ensure that product specifications and capabilities align with market intelligence.
- Liaise closely with senior leadership team sharing market intelligence on opportunities, competitive landscape etc.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be agreed upon with the successful candidate prior to joining the organization.
The following competencies listed below define the role of General Manager – Canada.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far-reaching ideas.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts. Divides problems into their individual elements. Develops several explanations or alternatives. Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Imagines future possibilities. Thinks broadly and investigates a wide-range of alternatives in developing a vision for the future. Selects the most promising vision from a range of alternatives and communicates this vision to others.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Makes an immediate positive impression upon others. Has presence and commands respect. Comes across with force and quickly establishes credibility. Accurately predicts the effects of own words and actions. Makes an immediate positive impression upon others.
Quickly adapts to new situations and approaches. Open to change and readily adopts new methods
in the face of shifting priorities and ambiguity. Can alter own perspective and behaviour in order to adjust to changing demands and plans.
Preferred Experience and Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, driven, convention-defying energy and a strong work ethic.
- Individuals with experience working in fast-paced, founder-led, technology start-ups – ideally fintechs, payment solutions, cryptocurrency environments will be preferred.
- Individuals with a proven track record of success building, digital consumer-oriented businesses.
- Strong consumer marketing skills to promote the company, products and tell the client story.
- You are a team player, influencer, able to build partnerships and evangelize the brand.
- With a strong presence, excellent rapport building skills, diplomatic and thoughtful.
- Inspiring leader and people person able to create and promote the company culture in Canada.
- Technology and process-bias essential in order to understand the technology, solution capabilities so that solutions can be instantly conceived and created.
- The successful candidate will minimally have an undergraduate degree and an MBA is preferred.
Remuneration & Benefits
Our client offers a competitive package including base-salary; performance based variable package, and comprehensive benefits.
If interested, please contact: