About the Company
There are an estimated 1.7B people globally that are unbanked or underbanked and capital controls prevent people from transacting in the world economy. Our client’s core mission is to address this inequity by providing consumers around the world with easier and better access to the new financial system.
Publicly listed and led by a leadership team with an established track-record in finance and crypto-technologies our client believes that everyone should have equal access to finance. Our client now seeks to bring on a CFO as it continues its growth.
Scope of the Position
As an integral member of the senior leadership team the CFO shall provide financial guidance and counsel on all matters relating to the finance function including strategic business planning, budgeting and forecasting, business analysis, and corporate growth strategies.
Reporting to the CEO, the CFO shall be responsible for the achievement of the organization’s strategic financial goals by working with the leadership team to develop and plan the goals, objectives and strategies of the company and to execute these plans with discipline and operational efficiencies achieving best in class status.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong prospects for company growth
- A healthy well-funded financial position
- An opportunity to make a real difference
- Act as a key business partner to the CEO and the operating teams providing financial guidance and counsel on all matters relating to the finance function including strategic business planning, budgeting and forecasting, business analysis, and corporate growth strategies.
- Manage the preparation, delivery and analysis of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements and reports and MD&A.
- Provide hands-on leadership, guidance, mentorship and performance management to the finance staff in the organization.
- Oversee and manage the accounting, tax, insurance, budget, credit, treasury and capital structure functions ensuring that the interests of the company are served.
- Lead the development and ensure the use of management reporting tools, including plans, budgets, reports, and financial statements.
- Leverage a detailed understanding of ‘what’s driving the numbers’ to act as a key strategic and operational contributor to the overall growth of the business.
- Play a key role in all fundraising and M&A activities and processes, supporting all stakeholders with strategy, due diligence, transactions and integrations.
- Ensures compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements, including financial reporting in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP, as applicable.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and periodically updated and improved for the benefit of all stakeholders.
- Manage relationship with audit firm for annual audit/income tax activities and all related matters.
- Serve as a champion for enterprise excellence and the maximizing of value creation.
- Ensure that the finance organization is structured and sized so as to be optimally aligned to the needs of the business.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
- Manage banking and other stakeholder relationships.
- Manage financial relationships/contracts with investors, suppliers, customers and partners along with the CEO and other team members.
- Effectively manage the company’s cash and securities positions and drive any supplementary initiatives deemed necessary by the company.
- Remain informed about the business, put measurements and reporting dashboards in place to enable real time assessment of performance and ‘what’s over the horizon’.
- Ensure that IT is not only aligned to the needs of the business but enables its growth.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization’s needs.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific additional measures of performance will be discussed with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Chief Financial Officer:
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Can commit to a course of action without delay when faced with limited information. Gathers and interprets all available sources of information. Willing to make solid and quick decisions when necessary Proactively and systematically gathers information needed to make high quality decisions
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Preferred Experience and Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Commerce or Administration with CA or equivalent designation.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of progressive, hands-on experience in financial management with increasing responsibilities.
- Experience working in a publicly listed company, preferably a senior Canadian exchange (TSX or NEO). Bonus: NASDAQ or LSE experience.
- Experience working in highly entrepreneurial, fast-growth, demanding environments.
- Analytical, detail oriented, team player that adapts well to change and works independently.
- Deep understanding of complex financial instruments
- Sound understanding of cryptocurrency, including tax and accounting treatment.
- Exhibits high standards of business and personal ethical conduct.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive, unique compensation package to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact: