About the Company
Our client develops innovative cloud-based solutions for the healthcare and insurance industries. Individuals, healthcare institutions and corporate clients leverage our client’s leading suite of products to optimize patient/client journeys across a broad range of healthcare contexts. Our client’s innovative mobile and web-based solutions are driving improved decision making for more insightful and timely healthcare decisions and outcomes for all stakeholders.
Our client’s mission is to deliver the highest value to its customers with unparalleled industry solutions built on innovative technologies, deep technical knowledge and feature-rich applications. The firm is widely recognized for its innovation, the robustness of its technologies, ease of use, flexibility and profound impact on client businesses.
Our client is Montreal-based and boasts a blue-chip ownership group.
Scope of Position
Reporting to and working closely with the CEO, the President will oversee and provide leadership across all internal operations, including financial and administrative matters in pursuit of effectively executing on the vision and strategy for the company.
The President will work proactively to provide strong fiscal leadership while ensuring that appropriate policies and practices are in place to meet the organization’s growth objectives. The President will also play a leadership role in ensuring business and operational plans for the company are implemented with measurable results.
The core mandate is to ensure that as the company grows, scales and pursues new markets, it is able to continue delivering impeccably on its promises to clients and the marketplace.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth
- Committed and well-funded financial backers
- Highly entrepreneurial culture
- An opportunity to make a real difference
- Collaborate with the CEO and other members of the senior management team on strategic decision making while supporting key strategic projects, initiatives and priorities, including fundraising and all mergers and acquisition related activities.
- Convert the company’s vision and strategy into clearly defined execution and financial plans to ensure delivery on-time and on budget.
- Hire, build and lead a high performance team which includes finance, internal operations, human resources, legal and corporate governance.
- Lead the preparation of financial statements, key performance indicator reports and all materials for the Board of Directors and investor relations.
- Lead the company’s annual planning and budgeting process, ensure appropriate internal controls are in place for the benefit of all stakeholders.
- Manage relationship with audit firm for annual audit/income tax activities and all related matters.
- Serve as a champion for enterprise excellence and the maximizing of value creation.
- Ensure that organizational capacity is in place by which to deliver on the company’s plans.
- Support the CEO in architecting the organization ensuring that it has in place the human resources, processes and operational capabilities by which to scale and the corporate culture to outperform.
- Assist the sales organization with the processes and KPIs needed to be successful
- Ensure operational milestones are met on time, with high quality – and that they meet the cost objectives that are established; report on a monthly as well as a quarterly basis.
- Adapt business model to capitalize on evolving customer needs and new competitive offerings.
Key Performance Indicators
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific measures of performance relating to growth, profitability, customer satisfaction, etc. will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of President:
Planning and Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work; produces action plans in which objectives are defined and action steps for achieving them are clearly specified; plans by breaking a large task down into subtasks; develops plans that anticipate obstacles; is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long-term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to situation to achieve optimum results. Develops a high-performing team that delivers in a highly complex organization or situation.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support; balances personal goals with those of the team; fosters collaboration among team members.
Consults widely for business or technical advice, probes for facts and obtains information from a wide variety of sources; differentiates the critical from the irrelevant or trivial
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- 15+ years of progressive executive management experience in the areas of finance, operations and/or administration with a proven ability to build and retain a leading team
- Approaches work systematically, producing budgets and action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified
- Anticipates obstacles and is realistic about timescales and milestones, while implementing the necessary controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized
- Gathers and interprets all available sources of information and is willing to make solid and quick decisions when necessary, committing to a course of action without delay when faced with limited information
- Comfortable and experienced working in a fast-paced, fast-changing high-growth environment
- Strong organizational, priority management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to see the future when it comes to the necessary organizational structure and roles required to support the next phase of growth and scale
- Corporate development, mergers and acquisitions and/or post-merger integration and optimization experience is a plus
- Technology, health care and/or experience with successfully implementing new innovative business models and approaches in highly regulated industries is a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in response to the team and internal dynamics of a multi-faceted workforce which includes technologists, clinicians, data scientists, management and front-line staff
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive base, variable and equity compensation package to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 233
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 229