About the Company
Our client is a successful, Canadian SaaS software and solutions company that serves the needs of automotive dealerships across North America.
Our client’s mission is to deliver the highest value to its customers with transformative industry solutions built on innovative technologies, deep domain knowledge and feature-rich applications. The company is widely recognized for the robustness of its technologies, ease of use, flexibility and profound impact on client businesses.
Growing, profitable and well capitalized, our client now seeks to hire a President to oversee and lead a team of 100+ highly dedicated employees that are committed to the company’s continued growth and evolution.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO and Chairman, the President will lead a growing and profitable business with solid fundamentals, a superb reputation, a large and loyal customer base, a motivated team and a roadmap/strategy for continued growth.
Leveraging the company’s positioning, momentum and credibility in the market, the President will be tasked with accelerating profitable revenue growth. The President will also monitor the market analyzing new and adjacent opportunities for longer term growth.
The successful candidate will bring a driving, hands-on, ‘lead from the front’ style to the task while nurturing a collaborative culture of excellence.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry positioning and opportunity for growth
- Committed Board of Directors and shareholder base
- Highly entrepreneurial culture
- An opportunity to make a real difference
As a visionary and hands-on President, the leader will have the chance to continue to foster the company’s strategy and growth by:
- Developing and implementing both short and long-term tactical and strategic plans in accordance with business goals and objectives.
- Establish key long-term relationships with business partners that enhance the organizations profitability and market position.
- Collaborating with the executive team to develop strategic plans for all aspects of the organization.
- Assist the CEO/CFO in managing project budgets, forecasts, and long-term financial plans; ensure corporate adherence to annual budgets.
- Regularly report to the Board of Directors on the company’s status against, and ability to meet, its strategic and operational objectives.
- Collaborate with all department heads to control spending, budgeting, reporting, and operational excellence.
- Establish and improve key relationships with customers, strategic business partners, suppliers, consultancy firms and auditors.
- Ensure a proper reporting structure within all business units, and keep the Board of Directors informed of all business activities, threats, opportunities, and recommended actions.
- Monitor legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to company operations.
Key Performance Deliverables
- To be agreed upon with the client throughout the selection process
Strives to provide customers with personalized and efficient service; Anticipates customers’ needs; Quickly follows up on customer contacts and complaints; Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner; Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience; Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Strives for excellence in products, processes and/or services through continued evaluation, enhancement and redefinition of quality standards.
Quickly adapts to new situations and approaches; Open to change in readily adopts new methods in the face of shifting priorities and ambiguity; Can alter own perspective and behavior in order to adjust to changing demands and plans.
Planning and Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work; Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified; Plans by breaking down large tasks into subtasks; Is realistic about time-scales and incorporates appropriate milestones and controls to ensure desired results.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts; Divides problems into their individual elements; Develops several explanations or alternatives; Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction; Clarifies roles and responsibilities; Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Integrity and Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments; Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally; Shows consistency among principles.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support; Balances personal goals with those of the team; Fosters collaboration among team members.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following describes industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- University degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance; an MBA, CPA or CMA designation preferred
- Ideally 5-10 years’ experience within a large organization in progressively more responsible positions
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growth-oriented SaaS solution company.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivating an employee base of professionals
- Demonstrated ability to manage key constituent relationships, including customers, business partners, government agencies, and so on.
- Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal and external challenges or obstacles.
- Strong knowledge of fiscal management and responsibility, business finance, capital funding, risk management, contracts, and partnerships
- Experience creating and managing budgets for a large, distributed organization
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Preference will be given to individuals with a solid track record in building and leading highly successful sales organizations.
Remuneration & Benefits
- A competitive base, variable and equity compensation package to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 233
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 229