THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
For over 35 years our client has been safeguarding people, places, and property with the world’s largest portfolio of perimeter intrusion detection sensors. Now, combined with world-class video management systems and analytics, our client offers a comprehensive suite of proven technologies that work together to reduce complexity, improve performance, and unify support.
This organization needs a “feet on the street” motivational leader to transition the group from a functional development team to a high performing, energetic and motivated technical force that will drive video management and machine vision AI to the next level. This technology and product evangelist will be asked to participate at the executive level, be the COO’s right-hand person and drive strategy along with managing the day-to-day operations.
Scope of the Position
We are looking for a technology leader who is passionate about building amazing software products and solutions and enjoys working with stakeholders across the business. The candidate will be responsible for the Product Development of their Video Product lines, including the machine vision/artificial intelligence group. The candidate will play a critical role in the definition and realization of the future company roadmap.
• Build a strong and creative team
• Generate a culture in the team in which innovation can thrive
• Present the technology vision and road map to a diverse set of corporate audiences including executives, customers, and the business community
• Create breakthrough technology-based products and solutions
• Leverage the company assets
• Expand & enhance the current portfolio
• As member of the group technology leadership team, collaborate to achieve sustainable growth
• Identify and capture market and technology opportunities to guide the research and development focus
• Develop technology products/solutions that can support the markets needs
• Manage the video product development and AI / Machine Vision teams
• Evaluate new and emerging technology on an ongoing basis
• Proactively lead the development and implementation of a robust strategic and tactical technology-based products and business solutions within the established time frames, quality standards, and corporate financial parameters
• Identify ways to integrate Client’s PIDS products and software
• Coach direct reports on how to cultivate and enhance strong relationships with key customers
• Set best practices for SW development tools and methodologies to ensure maximum efficiency
• Manage the group resources to ensure product release schedules support maintenance revenue streams
• Collaborate with other engineering Managers on a common vision across products and solutions
• Be a trusted point of contact for internal Sales and Marketing teams for product functionality, competitive comparisons, and implementations
Encourages others by creating enthusiasm, a feeling of investment and a desire to excel; Inspires others to follow and a healthy attitude to work by recognizing positive contributions.
Imagines future possibilities; Thinks broadly and investigates a wide range of alternatives in developing a vision for the future; Selects the most promising vision from a range of alternatives and communicates this vision to others clearly.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Has a reputation for execution and delivery; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve/exceed them.
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Preferred Experience and Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
• Degree in Computer Science with seven to ten years of experience leading technology product development and product architecture
• Five to ten years of experience leading both a development team and driving product marketing
• Experience in skilled hiring, developing, leading, motivating, and coaching a cross section of technology professionals in particular leadership roles
• Must be able to demonstrate senior level experience in the architecture, development, release cycle and delivering of software products to the enterprise market
• Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices
• A background in security would be an asset
• Proven ability to develop a product vision by understanding, documenting, and prioritizing the requirements of the market, including the detailed requirements of end users based on daily use cases
Contact Person: Catherine Pan (firstname.lastname@example.org)