THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is an award-winning Canadian, employee-owned multidisciplinary firm that delivers a comprehensive range of technical and strategic services, including consulting, information technology, engineering, process development, project and construction management to large industrial sectors. The firm has served clients for over 80 years and has project experience in more than 150 countries around the world.
The firm is widely recognized for its ability to bridge the gaps between research and innovative technologies, and between engineering and reliable operations. The firm is particularly known for working with clients to develop business strategies and technologies; managing and optimizing production; executing projects that involve the scale-up of process technologies; and managing start-ups, commissioning and ramp-ups.
Our client delivers unprecedented business results for its clients through a commitment to quality, lower operating costs, more efficient utilization of capital assets, higher standards for safety and risk management, faster start-ups and continuous performance improvements in all projects and programs.
Scope of Position
Our client addresses large, asset-intensive industrial markets sectors such as Mining, Metals, Energy, and Infrastructure. Data is dramatically transforming those assets, making them more valuable than ever. Our client’s Asset Intelligence Practice helps create smarter, more efficient assets, delivers intelligent actionable insights, improves safety and enhances labour as well as business outcomes.
Currently, our client’s Digital Business unit is seeking a highly accomplished individual to drive the expansion of its global Asset Intelligence Practice. Reporting to the global leader of the digital business, the role will assume ownership for the overall practice growth, while leading go-to-market and execution activities across marketing, client pursuit, contract negotiations, partnerships and customer success.
The Asset Intelligence Practice Leader will be responsible for overall practice growth, including identifying and closing new opportunities in cooperation with vertical business units and other practices. This will involve input on the most effective market strategy, positioning, messaging by vertical market, content creation/marketing, lead generation, tradeshows/conference strategies, as well as a proactive market pursuit. The position will also cultivate and manage relationships with ISVs as well as key internal business units and related stakeholders.
The successful individual will be an entrepreneurial businessperson with previous successes in growing a related IT services practice. The individual will also boast a track record of working effectively within a large matrixed global organization where both collaboration and a determined results orientation define success.
- Refine and communicate the practice market strategy, value proposition, positioning, messaging and execute;
- Develop market capture plans to achieve the practice’s revenue and profit objectives;
- Assume responsibility for business development and partnerships, driving growth for both new and current customers;
- Work with marketing on lead generation, etc.;
- Engage with clients at the appropriate level;
- Monitor business opportunities and oversee tender submissions;
- Institute processes that will enable predictable, repeatable and scalable market expansion;
- Promote and build a performance-driven, disciplined revenue culture focused on clients, their success, quality partnerships and growth;
- Create new Asset Intelligence offerings specific to vertical markets addressed;
- Play a key role in identifying and launching partnership strategies with ISVs and others to create enhanced channel and business development activities;
- Represent the voice of the markets the business serves – from customers, prospects, analysts and internal business units globally;
- Pursue, nurture and leverage key internal relationships critical for the practice’s success. Evangelize relentlessly;
- Develop clear insights and learn quickly what is working and not working on all business development/capture and marketing fronts – continuously use analytics to adapt, learn and grow faster;
- Collaborate with technical and delivery teams to ensure consistency of approach;
- Where appropriate, act as a spokesperson for the practice with the press and at industry events;
- Bring deep existing relationships that can be leveraged;
- Focus the team on accelerating and driving the growth of the business, new market penetration and development, sector leadership and profitability.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and technology trends with a view to ensuring that the firm’s services best align to market needs;
- Ensure that all alliance, acquisition and investment opportunities are considered, and the most attractive, pursued;
- Where possible, leverage relationships and projects to the benefit of other divisions and the organization as a whole.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be discussed with and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Practice Leader, Asset Intelligence:
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Incorporates information about the organization’s structure and protocol into decisions. Attentive to the internal politics and alert to shifting interpersonal dynamics. Establishes the necessary support networks and cross-functional relationships through rapport building. Recognizes, maintains and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in senior consulting/leadership capacity with experience in IT Services;
- Engineering degree and/or business degree;
- Relevant experience in asset management/digital enablement;
- A highly intelligent, strategically minded executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves;
- Business Development experience/Practice building experience;
- Experience in at least one of Metals, Utilities, Transit/Rail, or related infrastructure markets;
- A collaborative yet highly driven, results-oriented style.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive, unique compensation package to the successful candidate
If interested, please contact:
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 221