Executive search – THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a leading cloud-based phone carrier with operations across North America. With approximately 20M monthly active users and an impressive track record of consistent annual growth, our client has quietly become a leader in its sector. And they have only scratched the surface of a multi-billion dollar market opportunity.
With a massive opportunity for explosive growth, our client continues to put into place the building blocks to take advantage of those opportunities. One such building block is a highly accomplished individual to refine and drive the firm’s talent acquisition function and approach across North America.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will oversee the talent acquisition team and function, building and driving a world-class recruitment capability and organization with the goal to hire exceptional talent.
Leveraging social media and best in class tools, the successful candidate will apply creativity and rigour to position the organization as an exciting employer of choice. Striving to rise above the noise, the successful candidate and their team will identify, engage and cultivate meaningful relationships with the quality and quantity of staff needed to meet the firm’s ambitious growth objectives.
The successful candidate will bring a resourceful ‘own it/solve it’ mindset as well as a hands-on ethos. They will leverage their interpersonal skills to develop strong relationships with internal clients, external vendors, and candidates alike, setting and meeting expectations for all. The successful individual will thrive in a fast-paced environment with an orientation towards working collaboratively, taking initiative and driving innovative programs forward.
Among other tasks, the Senior Director will:
- Inspire, coach, empower and lead a high performing talent acquisition team where members are engaged and driven to exceed expectations.
- Drive a culture within the talent acquisition team that rewards, promotes and encourages high performance while supporting process improvement, increased efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Lead a global talent acquisition strategy that delivers excellence across the talent lifecycle, including attracting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding talent.
- Partner with and advise the senior leadership team on both the annual and long-term talent strategy.
- Own all strategic recruitment and capacity planning and as well as the tracking and execution of the talent acquisition roadmap.
- Build an efficient outbound and inbound recruitment function that yields high quality hires while building a strong candidate pipeline.
- Establish and track key resourcing metrics like time to fill, quality of hire, diverse hires, and candidate experience to drive desired business outcomes.
- Establish and maintain talent market expertise including an ongoing comprehensive understanding of industry trends, competitive landscape, market insights, talent landscape and innovative recruiting techniques.
- Build and execute strategies to continue to build the company, developing and driving an employer brand that continues to attract the best talent.
- Enhance candidate experience by implementing best practices and enforcing feedback loops and other candidate engagement methods.
- Support a diverse and inclusive culture and workforce, ensuring compliance with all laws, regulations and company policies.
- Play an active role as a member of the talent acquisition team, contributing to strategy development, automation and leading enterprise wide initiatives where appropriate.
Key Performance Deliverables
Performance metrics will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Incorporates information about the organization’s structure and protocol into decisions. Attentive to the internal politics and alert to shifting interpersonal dynamics. Establishes the necessary support networks and cross-functional relationships through rapport building. Recognizes, maintains and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
Stays calm and controlled under pressure. Maintains a consistent level of activity and performance when placed in tense situations.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts. Divides problems into their individual elements. Develops several explanations or alternatives. Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following describes industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- A track record of demonstrable success in a recruiting leadership role of a fast-paced, growth- oriented technology company.
- A University Degree, preferably with a focus in Human Resources Management.
- Experience leading and collaborating with senior business leaders to develop and build out a highly effective recruitment strategy to meet the short and long-term talent needs of the organization.
- Experience with full recruiting lifecycle inclusive of delivering talent pipelines by leveraging the latest recruitment tools, social media and other emerging techniques.
- Ability to drive strategy through data and analytics insight.
- Demonstrated focus on quality, organizational effectiveness and continuous development and improvement of systems & processes.
- Strong working knowledge of ATS and other HR/recruitment software tools.
- Experience related to social media, employment branding and selection.
- Promote company brand in the marketplace by actively pursuing and aligning to industry groups, networks and associations and developing prospect/target lists.
- Excellent influencing, relationship building, client focus, organization and prioritization skills.
Remuneration & Benefits
- A highly competitive compensation package to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact
|Sal RoccoStoneWood Group, TorontoBus: 416-365-9494 Ext. email@example.com||Marwan ElghamryStoneWood Group, TorontoBus: 416-365-9494 Ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|