THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a global SaaS company with offices in Toronto. The current revenues are upwards of $5M with a headcount of 50+ professionals. Our client sells to global Fortune 1000 companies.
Scope of Position
The Finance Professional will be hired on an interim full time basis (i.e. 5 days per week) with the strong likelihood to become a permanent hire.
The Finance Professional will be responsible for overseeing the financial systems and controls to ensure that reporting is in a timely and accurate fashion. The Finance Professional must demonstrate hands-on experience and involvement in the company processes, be result driven and have the ability to contribute to a highly motivated and quality organization.
- Review the existing control environment, design and implement robust financial controls and processes;
- Support senior management in budgeting and forecasting;
- Oversee the monthly reporting process and analyse variances to budget;
- Introduce processes to ensure accurate recognition of project revenue and costs;
- Work with external tax advisors to ensure all tax and other statutory filings are completed on time;
- Approve all bank payments, ensuring that purchase invoices and expenses have been approved;
- Deal with any ad-hoc finance related queries raised by employees;
- Manage cash flow
Preffered Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Post-secondary education and accounting certification (i.e. CA, CGA, CMA )
- 7-10 years work experience in financial reporting, operational effectiveness, and efficiency
- Experience in a SaaS company or technology services company is preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Proficiency in accounting applications (i.e. NetSuite) and Microsoft Office functions.
- Ability to design, critique, and improve financial processes
Remuneration & Benefits
- Salary, incentives, and benefit package are commensurate with experience and qualifications