THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a fast growing, publicly traded Canadian-based technology leader in the exploding mobile infrastructure software market.
Scope of Position
As the firm’s global growth continues at a torrid pace, the Board is seeking to add selected complementary skill sets to its core team. It has initiated a process to identify candidates who possess the domain, functional and international experience, skills, and influence to augment the overall effectiveness of the current board.
• Promote the organization in the marketplace as appropriate
• With the remainder of the Board, delegate to the CEO the responsibility and resources to achieve the stated ends, within what the Board defines as acceptable practice.
• With other board members, define, communicate and refine the company’s values and strategies
• Plan and implement plan for the succession of CEO and key executives.
• Review operational reports, comment and make recommendations.
• Make recommendations to the board based on industry experience, knowledge and know-how
• Financial management, including adoption and oversight of annual budget
• Formulate and provide oversight to policies and procedures
• Define, as goals, the essential deliverable products and services
• Define, communicate, monitor and refine the company’s values and strategies.
• Sit on committees as required
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
• Become familiar with other board and committee members and nurtured a collegial working relationship that has contributed to consensus and better decision-making.
• Has leveraged industry contacts and actively participated in discussions regarding new business ventures, strategic alliances, acquisitions etc.
• Has volunteered for and willingly accepted assignments and completed them thoroughly and on time.
• Has attended and participated in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as determined by the board
• Is an active participant in committees’ annual evaluation and planning efforts.
• Has established mentoring and counselling relationship with CEO as required.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
• A track record of success in building and scaling organizations from $50 to $500 mm in revenues.
• Significant experience in emerging markets.
• Significant experience and insight into the technology sector.
• Experience in mergers and acquisitions that can be applied to a firm which has been built organically and seeks to be responsive to other means of growth.