THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
An innovator and manufacturer of sustainable, rubber products and systems for specialized building markets globally, our client uniquely combines creative engineering design, iterative, out out of the box thinking and manufacturing all ‘under one roof’. The firm boasts a rich tradition of invention, quality, world class support and an impeccable track record of growth and profitability.
With proven products and a global presence, our client is on the cusp of explosive growth and now seeks a Vice President, People Operations. This role will appeal to entrepreneurial, driven, ‘make no excuses’ individuals looking to play a leading role in our client’s mission of being the undisputed leader in its markets, while having fun with a dynamic team along the way. To take this client to the next level the candidate will work to align it’s human capital strategy to it’s corporate objectives using out of the box thinking and a scaling mindset.
Our client is founder-led and located in the GTA.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President, People Operations will be responsible for creating a culture that attracts, motivates and retains the firm’s human capital. This will include leading the organization on all HR matters to meet its strategic objectives and goals for profitability and growth.
The successful candidate will drive improvements through the judicious introduction of talent management and human resources systems and controls to allow the company to keep growing. With no shortage of opportunities to contribute, this role will appeal to individuals with boundless energy and ambition looking to make an impact while growing both personally and professionally.
This position will be based in GTA West.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth;
- Committed and well-funded financial backers;
- Highly entrepreneurial culture;
- A sustainable product that the team is proud to be a part of;
- An opportunity to make a real difference.
- Willingness to take calculated, entrepreneurial risks when implementing the people programs/tasks outlined below
- Identify and address the critical HR needs of the organization and achieve an effective long-range HR strategy;
- Research and evaluate best practices in Human Resources management policies, procedures, methodologies and metrics;
- Source and recruit candidates using an out of the box multichannel approach including, but not limited to, databases, social media, job posting, agencies, passive candidates, niche job boards, employee referral program, etc.;
- Establish and track a metrics based HR capability that tracks employee engagement, turnover, vacancies/agency etc;
- Responsible for managing the human resource information system (HRIS) for the organization;
- Develop, as required, strategies and processes for unionized contract negotiations with realistic decisions on strategies, plans and timelines;
- Establish benchmarks for organizational effectiveness, employee performance, training and career development, health and benefits, employee relations and payroll;
- Lead the development of, and effectively manage and integrate HR policies and programs including performance reviews, succession planning, career development, performance management, goal setting and reviews, training and mentoring, employee benefits, employee handbook, etc.;
- Counsel and work with senior leadership team to ensure compensation plans are competitive and promote attitudes and behaviors that support the firm’s goals and values;
- Drive initiatives to accelerate integration of new employees, align workforce around goals and priorities, and instil an HR culture of continuous improvement while monitoring and measuring compliance and engagement;
- Work with senior leaders to define and effectively communicate organizational values to drive culture of service, professionalism and performance excellence;
- Oversee and develop recruitment and retention strategies to attract and retain top talent across all areas of the organization;
- Assess and upgrade current training programs;
- Launch management mentoring initiatives to support employee growth and development;
- Identify and stretch high potential talent;
- Field employee surveys to assess and monitor employee engagement on key initiatives such as culture;
- Create and manage employee recognition and awards programs.
The competencies listed below define the role of Vice President, People Operations:
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Encourages others by creating enthusiasm, a feeling of investment and a desire to excel. Inspires a healthy attitude to work by recognizing positive contributions at all levels of the organization.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Makes an immediate positive impression upon others. Has presence and commands respect. Comes across with force and quickly establishes credibility. Accurately predicts the effects of own words and actions. Makes an immediate positive impression upon others.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- 7-10 years of broad-based and progressive experience in a generalist human resources role;
- Experience working in a privately owned, fast-paced, entrepreneurial and growth- oriented environments;
- Industrial manufacturing experience and labour relations experience is highly desired; the ideal candidate will exhibit a ‘can-do’ attitude, think outside of the box, and have a bias for action contributing both as a strategic and operational partner;
- 3 years of hands-on experience with recruiting software, KPIs, as well as Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) (i.e. ADP);
- A strong business orientation and business enabler with record of building and nurturing strong cross-functional working relationships;
- Must be capable of interfacing effectively at all levels of the organization;
- Proven track record of developing a highly efficient and cost-effective internal recruiting capability across all levels of the organization.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package tailored to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 233