THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Our client is a progressive, growing global leader in the business of ‘technology for marketing’ space. Their software products and solutions specifically address requirements in the digital and media asset management area, as well as end-to-end publishing, helping companies in adopting new ways to communicate, train, advertise, or monetize their content.
Scope of the Position
Reporting to the CEO, and assuming a pivotal position on the management team, the Vice President Global Sales will be responsible for developing, directing and executing the sales strategy for both current and future product offerings. Driving top line results, the Vice-President Global Sales will act as the company’s primary sales interface and will be responsible for revenue growth across all customer, geographic and product segments.
While the Vice-President Global Sales will also be tasked with refining the sales process and channel model, and leading the sales team with a demonstrated, hands-on approach while rapidly scaling the company’s sales engine.
- Actively participate as part of the senior management team and contributes to the overall corporate strategy.
- Evaluate, build and manage a dynamic sales team that will include outside and inside sales, channel partners, and systems integrators. Provide them with the training, mentoring and support required to move the firm up the value scale with its customers.
- Evaluate the firm’s existing sales strategies and processes and recommend changes as required. Establish a repeatable sales model incorporating a strong value proposition for the different client markets and geographies.
- Take a major role in major account relationships, closing complex deals and building ongoing partnerships.
- Develop, direct and execute effective sales plans and strategy to become the market leader in the company’s marketplace.
- Evaluate product pricing and product value proposition strategies and work with the product management and marketing teams to deliver a consistent value proposition across the different product lines in the market.
- Identify new product opportunities and contribute to the overall development of product roadmaps for the organization as well as the pricing and positioning of new products in the marketplace.
- Provide leadership in securing new channel partners; assume responsibilities for selected channel partners and nurture those relationships in order to grow revenues and develop new revenue-generating opportunities.
- Provide leadership in probing markets for evolving requirements and ensure that the firm’s technology roadmap reflects and serves those needs.
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- A proven track record of building sales strategies and managing sales teams as well as channel organizations.
- A broad understanding of the ‘technology for marketing’ ecosystem is desirable.
- Experience in mid-sized growth oriented software company would be highly valued.
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing channel programs.
- International sales experience.
The following competencies listed below define the role of – VP Global Sales.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner; Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience; Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
- Highly competitive compensation commensurate with the candidate.
- A willingness to relocate to Toronto and/or a proximity to the head office would be highly desirable, but not mandatory.