THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Client’s technology is underpinning some of the most innovative new services for the media world’s biggest brands: think Sony Crackle, shomi, Corus and more. They have the unique opportunity to break the mold, and have already proven they can do it – on all screens, with a stunning user interface. They’re building the future of TV, and want more great people on their team.
Scope of Position
Reporting directly to the CEO this position will be responsible for post sales customer relationships. Reporting to the SVP Operations and Services will be Product Delivery, User Experience and Engineering. This 100-person team will be strategic to the company’s growth success and will contribute to the operational foundation and transition the company to a product and services company.
- Plan and direct the operational priorities, goals, policies, practices and initiatives in accordance with the goals and strategic direction set by the CEO
- Deliver on a strategy that will enable the company to achieve accelerated levels of growth and profitability
- Establish services strategy and execution plan as a part of the overall corporate business planning processes and also provide significant input into long-term corporate strategy and direction, as well as short-term tactical decisions
- Lead and generate business by using uncommon thinking to clearly position the company’s services with its vendor partners and introduce best in class solutions and services to the market
- Meet revenue targets and service/project commitments by leading matrix teams consisting of delivery, design and engineering staff, profit margins, Pre and Post sale client needs analysis and product roadmap
- Build a world-class Professional Services organization to support Client’s partners and customers
- Participate as an open, engaged and committed member of the Executive Team in the formulation and execution of the corporate vision, strategy and business objectives
- Assess current business processes and systems providing guidance in the development of enhancements where necessary and appropriate.
- Direct and execute the development of operational policy, procedures and practices, both short and long term, as they pertain to customer service, quality control, and project management
- Understand and apply efficient and cost effective operations knowledge and practices to sustain a profitable day-to-day business operations that enable service delivery which meets or exceeds customer expectation
- Build personal credibility within the organization through strong management and interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and genuine care and concern for colleagues and employees
- Develop and execute a strategy that drives excellence across the operational organizations, leveraging best-of-class processes, technology and people to meet and exceed customer expectations as measured by output and efficiency
- Monitor the ongoing sales activity including pipeline activity, lead proposal preparation along with the support of the sales organization.
- Foster a culture of team spirit and innovation into the longer and short-term operations of the organizations
- Contributes leadership through helping to drive the development and communication of strategic plans, and the creation, execution, and evaluation of corresponding operational plans
- Establish services strategy and execution plans as a part of the overall corporate business planning processes and also provide significant input into long-term corporate strategy and direction, as well as short-term tactical decisions
- Recruit and retain top talent for Client’s Operations and Professional Services teams and develop career paths for the team members
- Work closely with the Sales team to ensure Client creates and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction and internal execution alignment, identifies appropriate customer profiles to ensure maximum customer success
- Identify opportunities for revenue expansion within the Client customer network
Preferred Experience / Education
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience in senior management roles preferably with software services experience
- A degree in or the equivalent to a B.SC Electrical Engineering and B.SC Computer Science
- Experience leading significant change initiatives – particularly moving successful companies to new levels of growth
- Has grown enterprises organically and by acquisition ($10MM to $50MM and beyond)
- Defining customer business requirements and technology roadmaps
- Contributing member of an Executive Team contributing to and assisting in defining the strategic direction of the company and creating the objectives and metrics that ensure the delivery on the strategic plan
- Communicating with the Board of Directors, providing company direction, priorities and metrics to monitor the progress
- Process/continuous improvement expertise across all areas of the organization
- Multi-functional expertise – especially engineering, delivery and user experience but also contract negotiations, finance and project management
- Knowledge of software product creation within a creative environment would also be viewed as an asset