THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Client is a global leader in software product creation providing a complete range of product strategy, user experience design and software engineering services to clients around the world, including industry leaders like Juniper, Logitech, Microsoft and many others. Client has a track record of helping clients create successful products on a complete range of desktop, web and mobile platforms.
Scope of Position
The Managing Director will be responsible for the existing Canadian operation and will have full P & L responsibility. He/she will need to be a business development and sales leader with significant customer-facing experience and a thorough understanding of emerging software/mobile technologies. The successful candidate has a great capability to seek and realize opportunities to constantly increase the value Client brings to its customers. In addition, this person will have demonstrated the ability to lead change that involves expansion into new markets and geographies and have a strong bent toward customer service as well as an in-depth understanding of what constitutes a profitable business undertaking in order to safeguard margins. At the same time, he/she will provide the leadership required to continue to evolve Client’s new sales strategy and team while maintaining and growing the existing customers and markets. This will allow the company to become more robust, scalable and integrated to support new acquisitions and a global expansion strategy.
- Deliver on a strategy that will enable the company to achieve accelerated levels of growth and profitability.
- Lead and generate business by using uncommon thinking to clearly position the company’s services with its vendor partners and introduce best in class solutions and services to the market.
- Participate as an open, engaged and committed member of the Executive Team in the formulation and execution of the corporate vision, strategy and business objectives.
- Direct and execute the development of operational policy, procedures and practices, both short and long term, as they pertain to customer service, quality control, product development, project management and sales.
- Understand and apply efficient and cost effective operations knowledge and practices and to sustain a profitable day to day business operations that enable service delivery which meets or exceeds customer expectation.
- Develop and execute a strategy that drives excellence across the operational organizations, leveraging best-of-class processes, technology and people to meet and exceed customer expectations as measured by output and efficiency.
- Create and sustain a viable organizational structure to make optimum use of human resources, technology and systems.
- Manage the ongoing sales activity including pipeline activity, proposal preparation along with the support of the sales organization in Canada. Foster a culture of team spirit and innovation into the longer and short-term operations of the organizations
- Contributes leadership through helping to drive the development and communication of strategic plans, and the creation, execution, and evaluation of corresponding operational plans.
- Provides input to corporate direction through requirements based on market feedback and business intelligence.
- Recruits, motivates, and develops key personnel to support the growth of the business.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- A degree in or the equivalent to a B.SC Electrical Engineering and B.SC Computer Science.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience in senior management roles preferably with software services experience.
- Experience leading significant change initiatives – particularly moving successful but stalled companies to new levels of growth.
- Has grown enterprises organically and by acquisition ($10MM to $50MM and beyond)
- Process/continuous improvement expertise across all areas of the organization.
- Multi-functional expertise – especially in sales and market development but also contract negotiations, finance and project management.
- Knowledge of software product creation within a creative environment would also be viewed as an asset
- Proven track record of success in expanding into new verticals and markets.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive base salary and bonus.