THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Scope of Position
The CoE Director reports to, CIO/CTO located in Parent Company overseas. He/She will be expected to lead and manage the team assigned to the SMB Centre of Excellence in order to achieve strategic, tactical and operational goals. This technical/engineering director will provide leadership for the development and delivery of SMB software product lines.
The position will lead the organization in planning and implementing the software product development strategy that will deliver high quality products on time and on budget. The role will oversee a highly skilled team of Development, QA, Documentation, Solutions Architecture, Release Management and Operations, all focused on the delivery of the SMB software solution.
Gathers and interprets all available sources of information; Willing to make solid and quick decisions when necessary; Can commit to a course of action without delay when faced with limited information.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles; Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added value and return on investment; Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Interpersonal Understanding & Sensitivity
Accurately predicts others’ reactions to events; Displays concern and respect for individuals’ feelings and opinions; Understands others’ attitudes, interests and needs; Takes time to listen to others.
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Has a reputation for execution and delivery; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve/exceed them.
Key Performance Indicators
- Time to market
- Product roadmap delivery
- Employee engagement
- Plan and distribute short- and long-term goals; ensure that goals are aligned with the company’s goals and ENG-ICT strategy.
- Implement business requirements (including but not limited to new version, product release or acquisitions) and related processes. Remain within the boundaries of the Enterprise Architecture, the Information Security Policies and Practices, and the agreed development methodologies.
- Ensure and foster close partnership of agile teams with key stakeholders (Product, ENG-ICT, PMO, Sales, Marketing, M&A etc.) and other teams where needed in order to meet business goals and priorities.
- Foster and ensure cross-departmental communication and cooperation within other ENG-ICT teams whenever needed.
- Own and Manage OPEX and CAPEX budgets within cost management guidelines.
- Adopt the agreed development methodologies and establish metrics that lead to and develop a culture of continuous improvement, foster methods to improve agility in the team, continuously analyze team performance and drive efficiency and optimization.
- Provide clear and visible leadership, which delivers effective management and development of staff, support effective knowledge transition within his/her organization and across the company whenever relevant, including maintenance of internal knowledge capital supported by all teams.
- Support organizational change ensuring the appropriate systems of performance, quality monitoring and review are in place, accountable to hire, grow, train and retain the top talent required for the team to support a high-performance culture and achieving business goals in close partnership with the HR function.
Preferred Experience / Education
- Bachelor Degree in Software Engineering related field or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science or a technology related discipline. Master’s degree considered an asset.
- Dynamic individual with strong business acumen with demonstrated integrity and constantly striving for excellence
- Passionate about the company’s mission and business strategy and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values to external and internal stakeholders.
- Minimum of 5 years of enterprise software development management experience within a high technology environment managing several software developments teams concurrently in different location around the globe.
- Experience with department strategy development and execution including deployment of measurement metric.
- Experience with agile methodology.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate team members to achieve goals and to prioritize tasks or projects in an environment of diverse and shifting priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others at all levels of an organization to achieve common goals.
- Strong goal orientation, drive for improvements, experience with continuous improvement.
- Self-initiative, ownership, can-do attitude, enthusiasm.
- Leading by example, people development skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Responsibility, consistency, stress resistant.
Remuneration and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits