THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Client is a fabless semiconductor company that provides very dense, highly reliable and secure Non-Volatile Memory IP for use in standard-logic CMOS processes. Over 150 companies, including many of the top fabless semiconductor manufacturers and IDMs, have adopted client’s memory in their NVM solution for more than 500 designs. Customers are realizing outstanding savings in solution cost and power consumption along with better security and reliability for applications ranging from mobile and consumer devices to high-temperature, high-reliability automotive and industrial electronics. The IP is offered at and supported by all top-tier semiconductor foundries and selected IDMs. Client is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada with sales offices worldwide.
The Vice President of Engineering and Operations will be responsible for:
- Identifies strategic objectives and specific milestones that will accelerate Client toward its corporate goals;
- Reviews and evaluates corporate performance and identifies opportunities for improvement across the company to achieve overall strategic goals and profitability;
- Together with sales, product management, and marketing teams liaises with our customer community to develop a deeper understanding of product, application, and market demands to ensure product development and operations initiatives remain aligned with customer needs;
- Leads the development and implementation of engineering and manufacturing programs, policies, procedures and metrics that enable the delivery of the highest quality products and services, assures Client’s competitive position and supports both short and long-term strategic objectives;
- Ensures Engineering and Operations teams remain up to date in terms of technological change and best practices and monitors evolving market and technology changes for potential impact to Client’s business;
- Builds and leads engineering and operations resources with the skills and expertise required to meet delivery timeframes and evolving product requirements for our customers, while maintaining a commitment to quality;
- Encourages and rewards a culture of innovation and continual improvement;
- Establishes and encourages an organizational climate conducive to maximizing employee potential, productivity and retention of key members;
- Passionate about achieving organization success and committed to the customer experience;
- Developing and coaching individuals and teams with a collaborative and open minded approach;
- Results oriented with focus on both the desired outcomes and the means by which they are achieved;
- Passion for attracting outstanding employees and building a world class team;
- Solid understanding of engineering technical issues/needs, financial, sales, and marketing as related to product design, development and delivery;
- Appreciation for the workings within a small and growing organization, exhibiting an entrepreneurial, customer-centric mindset;
- Thorough knowledge and on-going awareness of technology trends, engineering and operations processes and practices, etc;
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- 15 plus years of experience in leading multidisciplinary groups for fabless semiconductor companies or semiconductor IP providers with at least five at the executive management level;
- Greater than 5 years’ experience in developing and reviewing contracts, statements of work and quotes;
- BS in Electrical Engineering, preferrably MS;
- Lead teams of more than 50 employees
Remuneration & Benefits
- Base salary with variables along with a comprehensive benefits package, stock options and relocation allowance if necessary.