THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the ClientPrivately held, Client provides unique content and applications to financial web sites, online brokerages and institutional investors. Based in Ottawa, Canada, it has developed patented technology for chart pattern recognition and the identification of other types of Technical Events™ in the price charts of publicly traded financial instruments including stocks, indexes, ETF’s, commodities, and currencies. Altogether, Client tracks over 50,000 financial instruments daily.
To the online community Client provides a range of delivery methods that allow brokers, and other organizations, to deliver this information to their clients and account-holders in a manner which reflects their corporate objectives. To the institutional community Client offers both interactive access and quantitative data feeds as a means to improve portfolio returns. Customers include Bloomberg, Charles Schwab, Saxo Bank, Fidelity, and TD Waterhouse among others.
Scope of Position
Client is looking for an exceptional individual to join its management team and head up its research and development organization. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing organization. Client is uniquely positioned to leverage its success in North America, India and Asia for continued expansion. Successes have included supplying investment research content and white-label web applications to India Infoline and India Bulls in India; Charles Schwab, TD Waterhouse, Fidelity, Interactive Investors, Saxo Bank and others in North American and Europe; and broadcasting news stories of Technical Events® to over 250,000 Bloomberg users around the world. Global uptake of Client services has also been strong as evidenced by contracts with firms throughout Southeast Asia.
• Direct the activities of the R&D, software development (internal and external), systems verification, and systems operations groups;
• Foster a collaborative and communicative working environment between R&D and other functional groups within the organization.
• Instill a strong culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence and a fun work environment while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our research and development organization.
• Guide the technical direction of the team, drive evolution of the systems architecture, and make appropriate technology choices.
• Establish research and development budgets and capital and human resource plans.
• Consistently improve efficiencies and take ownership for completion of software development to meet established targets;
• Responsible for long-term architecture and design philosophies conducive to product scalability, reliability, and functional growth;
• Ensures that product and internal infrastructure meets the demands of the business;
• Establish research and development, system verification, operations and project management standards and methodologies;
• Participate in the product management process by actively contributing to definition and design of new products and product enhancements as well as ensuring compliance with established product and services standards;
• Enhance the capabilities of the technology teams through mentorship and staff development programs;
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
• Strong proven technical abilities and interests;
o Three or more years of object oriented development experience;
o Three or more years of developing high performance, real-time web systems;
o Experience in a systems operations or system verification role.
o Demonstrated experience leading the design, development, delivery, support and maintenance of a large scale, high performing, technically complex, reliable and robust online SaaS application and infrastructure.
• Three years of software development and operation management experience;
o Personal sense of urgency and ability to foster that among direct reports and other team members;
o Energetic and self motivated…creates and enjoys a hard working but fun environment;
o Strong personal presence and interpersonal skills;
o Experience as a software manager in both an established and entrepreneurial business;
o Proven ability to introduce process appropriate to ‘stage of company’ and to evolve the process as the company evolves;
o A strong personal interest in financial markets, trading and investing;
• Driven to succeed;
• Highest standards of professional integrity and personal ethics are required of this candidate.
Remuneration & BenefitsA competitive compensation package, including base, bonus, and benefits, as well as an equity stake in the company, will be offered to attract a superior candidate.