THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a mid-sized manufacturing business in a growing marketplace. It has established an excellent reputation with clients and has a dominant position in the North American market. The overall goal is continued, profitable growth through organic sales and acquisitions. Our client prides itself in being a customer’s best resource for the planning, design, fabrication, management, and successful execution for each unique project.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Group CFO, the Senior Purchasing Manager, will oversee purchasing, procurement and inventory management across multiple sites, in both Canada and the US. The role requires a diligent, result-driven individual who can oversee supplier performance as well as implement procurement processes and systems in a dynamic, rapidly expanding and fast-paced organization. They will identify and implement procurement policies, processes, systems and procedures in response to changing business and organizational requirements.
The Senior Purchasing Manager is responsible for a wide range of functions including, but not limited to, those set out below:
- Management of Procurement Departments at multiple locations and business units.
- Responsible for the stores and inventory management operations at multiple sites.
- Identify and implement procurement policies, processes, systems and procedures in response to changing business and organizational requirements.
- Apply trade compliance requirements to procure material from an international market.
- Negotiate vendor contracts; oversee supplier performance and ensure effective resolution to non-compliance issues.
- Ensure steady and timely flow of manufacturing materials, as per production schedule.
- Implement reliable reporting processes to measure KPI performance and other Supply Chain Management (SCM) metrics.
- Provide clear and concise financial updates and report on KPI’s to Senior Management Team.
- Provide leadership to the SCM team by:
- Ensuring consistent use of procurement tools, procedures and policies,
- Mentoring and educating SCM team members and business units in procurement processes and strategic sourcing practices,
- Providing continuous performance feedback to motivate and develop staff members for improvement and advancement.
- Assist the leadership team with managing project risks.
- Keep abreast of new products and technologies; on an ongoing basis, sources out new products and suppliers.
- Analyze market trends and vendor delivery systems to determine material availability and reduce inventory.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate product costs within the MRP system.
- Participate in the company’s Quality Management System.
- Provide exceptional service for the customers, employees and suppliers.
Key Skills and Traits
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Strategic vision and planning.
- Strategic leadership skills.
- Strong process management skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Practical and effective problem solver, ability to “think on your feet”.
- Work well under pressure while maintaining positive attitude.
- Ambitious, self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- Persistent and result – orientated.
- Track record of overachieving.
- High level of pride in one’s work.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Relationship builder with an outgoing personality.
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Maintains appropriate levels of optimism and enthusiasm.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Demonstrate safe work practices.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Bachelors or advance degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Engineering.
- Graduate studies in Business or Supply Chain Management an asset.
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation, or equivalent.
- 5-10 years demonstrated experience in Supply Chain Management.
- Demonstrated expertise in some of the key Sourcing and Procurement focus areas such as:
- Strategic Sourcing
- Spend Analysis
- Sourcing Strategy Development
- Supplier Negotiations
- Contract Development & Management
- Supplier Performance & Relationship Management
- Supplier Risk Management.
- ERP/MRP proficiency (SYSPRO).
- Knowledge and experience of LEAN practices.
- Adept at using MS Office products, including Excel.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Attractive, highly competitive compensation package for the successful candidate
- This role will be based in Abbotsford BC or Charlottetown PEI.