THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a highly successful Toronto-based entrepreneur who has assembled a diverse portfolio of industrial real estate properties across the Greater Toronto area. The portfolio is diversified, stable, profitable and represents an integral part of our client’s family wealth.
Scope of Position
Our client now seeks to bring on a President/CEO to oversee all aspects of managing the family’s real estate portfolio. In essence, the President/CEO will prudently manage the portfolio in a manner which ensures an acceptable return for the family while preserving the portfolio’s capital base.
The President/CEO will leverage their intimate working knowledge of the operations of real estate assets, as well as an understanding of what attracts long-term tenancies, to build value in the portfolio. The President/CEO will also develop and execute strategies that will judiciously deploy capital on new opportunities to further grow the portfolio.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth
- Well established, committed ownership
- An opportunity to make a real difference
- Plan and direct the operational priorities, goals, policies, practices and initiatives in accordance with the goals and strategic direction set by the owner.
- Establish metrics against which individual properties and the entire portfolio performance can be measured.
- Oversee and support operational day to day management in all elements of the operation, including, oversight of a small staff including a head of finance, customer service rep, property manager etc.
- Ensure roles are properly defined and organized and that team members are properly deployed to address them.
- Develop and implement financial controls and systems to ensure timely and accurate reporting to the owner or his delegates as he may direct.
- Monitor, measure and report on the portfolio performance in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Bring a pragmatic and defensible approach to business, understanding when to use outside experts and resources, and when in-house capabilities will suffice.
- Build personal credibility within the organization through strong management and interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and genuine care and concern for the owner, his family and employees.
Key Performance Indicators
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of President and CEO
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 15-20 years of relevant experience in the industrial real estate marketplace.
- A strong background in managing industrial real estate, including, all aspects of leasing, financing, acquisitions and dispositions as well as all financial aspects related to such activities.
- A broad network of trusted relationships in the industrial real estate brokerage community.
- Working with ultra-high net worth families in asset management or a family office setting is highly desired.
- Discreet and reliable, able to handle and protect highly confidential financial and personal information, internally and externally.
- A strong manager, overseeing internal and external resources, demanding and achieving excellence.
- The highest level of personal and professional integrity as well as a clear sense of purpose.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and high level of professionalism.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package structured to the needs of the successful candidate.