THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a Canadian, employee-owned multidisciplinary professional services firm that delivers a comprehensive range of technical and strategic services, including consulting, information technology, engineering, process development, project and construction management to the Mining, Metallurgical, Energy, and Infrastructure sectors. The firm has served clients for over 80 years and has project experience in more than 150 countries around the world. With over 9,000 people in over 65 offices, the firm has more than $35 billion in projects currently under management.
Our client is widely recognized for its ability to bridge the gaps between research and innovative technologies, and between engineering and reliable operations. The firm is particularly known for working with senior client management to develop business strategies; managing and optimizing production; executing projects that involve the scale-up of process technologies; and managing start-ups, commissioning and ramp-ups.
Our client delivers unprecedented business results for its clients through a commitment to quality, lower operating costs, more efficient utilization of capital assets, higher standards for safety and risk management, faster start-ups and continuous performance improvements in all projects and programs.
Scope of Position
Our client is currently seeking a highly accomplished individual to refine and drive its HRIS function.
Reporting to the Global head of Human Resources, the HR Systems Director is responsible for the deployment and evolution of HR systems that reduce administrative cost, empower managers and staff, make transactions more efficient, and enable our client to manage the employment lifecycle more effectively. These systems currently include Success Factors, AssignmentPro and SAP ECC. Major areas of focus include optimization and integration of the chosen platforms, ongoing automation and business process improvement, and insightful, action-oriented reporting.
The role will also serve as a key agent of change in helping the organization adapt to take full advantage of the technologies in question. The role sits at the intersection between HRIS and transformation.
- Become HR’s “automation” and “process optimization” guru, providing leadership in these areas
- Complete the existing phase one implementation of Success Factors Talent, Recruitment and Employee Central modules>
- Complete implementation of AssignmentPro, which manages employee mobility domestically and internationally
- Map out future systems roadmap based on business requirements, emerging technology and applicable ROI
- Work across the business to understand the potential cultural and structural impediments to full utilization;
- Develop and propose a plan to aid the organization embrace and capitalize upon the processes and systems implemented
- Ensure integration of all systems
- Work with HR to Ensure data integrity, process optimization, transaction speed and efficiency
- Drive that change management/training and activities across the organization enlisting support as required
- Develop, plan and implement an employment lifecycle automation strategy
- Develop and implement an HR reporting plan, which delivers action-oriented insight to the business on people related matters (process bottlenecks, compliance, stalled hiring, vacation, overtime, employee utilization, career management, talent trends, etc.)
- Develop and mentor a small team of systems analysts
- Create and maintain strong, positive relationship with the company’s IT team, which is integral to technical aspects of system enhancement and delivery
- Establish good vendor contacts and relationships, manage contracts
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be discussed with and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Global HR Systems Director:
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Recognizes when change is necessary. Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives. Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change. Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Incorporates information about the organization’s structure and protocol into decisions. Attentive to the internal politics and alert to shifting interpersonal dynamics. Establishes the necessary support networks and cross-functional relationships through rapport building. Recognizes, maintains and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- At least 10 years of progressive HR systems/change management experience, with a strong knowledge of SAP and Success Factors implementation
- Change/transformation leadership (initiate change, plan, project-manage, overcome resistance, making change stick);
- University degree
- Knowledge and experience that enables you to “bridge the gap” between HR and Systems
- Global thinker with multinational experience
- Very strong leadership, management and organizational skills
- Operations and process (execution, measurement, continuous improvement, reengineering)
- High EQ (self-awareness, empathy, social skills, self-regulation, desire to learn)
- Resilient, confident, persistent
- Comfortable analyzing and drawing conclusions from complex and multiple data sources
- Courage to challenge, defend position, hold ground with senior people
- Very strong, concise, persuasive communication skills (reports, 1:1, meetings, public speaking)
- Able to make good decisions under pressure, and in extremely ambiguous circumstances>
- Consummate team builder and team player
- Creative problem solver
- Strong people developer (willing to hire people smarter than you, good eye for talent, create and support stretch assignments, give feedback, career sponsor, rewards and recognizes)
- The firm is a global organization. The individual should be willing to travel internationally, and to conduct or attend meetings after hours to cater for global participation
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive, unique compensation package to the successful candidate