About the Company
Our client is an award-winning, employee-owned multidisciplinary firm that delivers a comprehensive range of technical and strategic services, including consulting, information technology, engineering, process development, project and construction management to large industrial sectors. The firm has served clients for over 80 years and has project experience in more than 150 countries around the world.
The firm is widely recognized for its ability to bridge the gaps between research and innovative technologies, and between engineering and reliable operations. It is particularly known for working with clients to develop business strategies and technologies; managing and optimizing production; executing projects that involve the scale-up of process technologies; and managing start-ups, commissioning and ramp-ups.
Our client delivers unprecedented business results for its clients through a commitment to quality, lower operating costs, more efficient utilization of capital assets, higher standards for safety and risk management, faster start-ups and continuous performance improvements in all projects and programs.
Scope of Position
Our client is currently seeking a highly accomplished leader to drive the growth of its Advisory Services across the Energy and Power Sectors.
Reporting to the National Advisory lead, the Principal will find and deliver the best solutions for clients across the firm’s broad nationally connected energy and power clients. Practice areas include: Strategy, Risk Management, Business Readiness, Capital Productivity, Transaction Support, Business Transformation, Climate Change & Sustainability, Asset and Maintenance Management, Supply Chain Management, Organizational Effectiveness, Commercial Due Diligence, and Analytics / Decision Making and Automation.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth
- World-class employee-owned Canadian company
- Highly entrepreneurial culture
- An opportunity to make a real difference and build a sizeable business
- Work with the National Advisory Lead as well as members of the senior management team to further refine and implement the strategic direction of the advisory group in the Energy/Power sector. This will include refining the vision, focusing the strategic road map and existing market plans, expanding and improving market penetration, and enhancing competitive positioning.
- Ensure that organizational capacity is in place by which to deliver on the advisory group’s plans in the Energy/Power sectors
- Champion the group’s offerings to customers and internal stakeholders.
- Provide developmental support to the team. Continue to build world-class capabilities. Focus the team to accelerate and drive the growth of the business, new market development, sector leadership and profitability.
- Ensure that the energy/power advisory group is fully aligned with the objectives and direction of the company.
- Report regularly and proactively to the National Advisory Lead on results and plans going forward.
- Leading the expansion of the advisory business to the Energy/Power sectors. Engage with strategic stakeholders in those markets.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and trends with a view to ensuring that the firm’s services best align to market needs.
- Serve as an ambassador for the group representing it at appropriate industry conferences, speaking engagements, and other external industry related events.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be discussed with and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Principal – Advisory Services – Energy:
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Incorporates information about the organization’s structure and protocol into decisions. Attentive to the internal politics and alert to shifting interpersonal dynamics. Establishes the necessary support networks and cross-functional relationships through rapport building. Recognizes, maintains and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise..
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in senior consulting to energy and/or power markets
- Proven experience in building a significant practice focused on energy or related markets.
- A highly intelligent, strategically minded executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves.
- High collaborative, strong team orientation well-suited to building consensus in a global concern.
- Experience in building and managing distributed teams of professionals
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive, unique compensation package to the successful candidate
If interested, please contact: