THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
For 30 years our client has provided turnkey solutions to builders and developers in search of full-service sales management and marketing services. From single tower, small infill development to large master planned communities our client’s bespoke approach to sales and marketing management has been best in class.
A strategic approach, creativity, dedication, experience and energy are at our client’s core and drive them forward. This, combined with their commitment to optimizing purchasers’ experience, has enabled them to forge strong and long-standing relationships across the real estate spectrum.
With a vast total addressable market, and strong tailwinds, our client’s mission remains to deliver the highest value to its customers with unparalleled industry solutions built on innovative strategies, deep industry knowledge and new technologies.
Scope of the Position
Our client is currently undertaking a search for an executive to lead the company through its next stage of growth. The successful candidate inherits a dynamic, profitable business with a large and loyal customer base, a motivated team and the opportunity to make a real difference.
Owning the strategy and driving its execution will be the responsibility of the President. Reporting to the owners, the President will lever the company’s positioning, momentum and growing markets to significantly accelerate revenues, while delivering operational excellence to enable that growth. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring a driving, hands-on, ‘lead from the front’ professional management approach to that task while nurturing a collaborative organizational culture.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth
- Committed and well-funded owners
- Highly entrepreneurial environment
- An opportunity to make an impact
- Work with the owners and members of the senior management team to refine the strategic and operating plans, priorities and options.
- Work directly with. and support sales leaders. in securing projects from existing and new clients
- Set-up ‘best-practices’ policies and procedures and direct the day-to-day sales and marketing and operations activities.
- Manage the planning, development and generation of company marketing, communications and promotional materials, including marketing collateral materials, web-based points-of-contact/portals, and oversee the development and execution of advertising programs.
- Work with brokers and other sales agents, holding them accountable, while providing them the necessary support and resources to enable their success. Drive improvements and measures of effectiveness.
- Provide support in the design and flow of sales centers in order to best represent the properties and aid in their marketing
- Research, develop and implement effective marketing strategies and tools that generate potential buyers for the properties and the lifestyle they promise.
- Continually analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales and marketing methods, costs, and results, identifying and driving improvements and corrective actions.
- Plan and coordinate public affairs and communications efforts, to include where appropriate public relations and community outreach, and personally represent the company at various community and/or business meetings to promote the firm’s developments.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the company to ensure the timely implementation and execution of the business and financial plans.
- Ensure that organizational capacity is in place by which to deliver on the company’s plans.
- Architect the organization ensuring that it has in place the human resources, processes and operational capabilities by which to scale and the corporate culture to outperform.
- Provide ongoing direction, performance management and developmental support to the team. Continue to build best-in-class capabilities. Focus the team to accelerate and drive the growth of the business, new market development, sector leadership and profitability.
- Drive the revenue build process with substantive rapid growth as the goal. Refine and align the sales organization and processes to that goal.
- Maintain, improve, and create senior level relationships with existing and potential customers and strategic partners.
- Ensure operational milestones are met on time, with high quality, and that they meet the cost objectives that are established; report on a monthly as well as a quarterly basis.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and trends with a view to ensuring that all alliance, acquisition and investment opportunities are considered and the most attractive pursued.
- Report regularly and proactively to the owners on results and plans going forward.
- Adapt business model to capitalize on evolving customer needs and new competitive offerings.
- Implement and continually refine a services roadmap that incorporates customer feedback and ensures competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Key Performance Indicators
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific measures of performance relating to growth, profitability, customer satisfaction, efficiencies, etc. will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate
The following competencies listed below define the role of President at our client:
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction. Develops high-impact relationships with key external clients, with the ability to envision and advocate a mutually beneficial long-term partnership between the company and the client.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Preferred Experience and Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- A highly intelligent, strategically minded executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce desired results within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- An understanding of real estate from the ground up.
- Experienced in areas including: strategic and tactical planning and execution of sales campaigns and programs; structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations.
- 10 years+ sales/sales management experience in Toronto’s condominium market
- A proven, demonstrable track record of success
- A solid understanding of current trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies.
- A natural sales leader, having strong negotiating and closing skills and capabilities.
- High energy level and capacity to effectively operate under pressure, backed by exceptional communications and presentations skills.
- Highly organized and have very effective time management skills.
- Will be highly customer focused; have strong leadership qualities both with customers and employees; highly efficient with the ability to set policies, but remain flexible when customer conditions require.
- A charismatic, inspirational leader rather than manager.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive base, variable and equity compensation package to the successful candidate
If interested, please contact:
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 229