THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a leading global supplier of digital TV and IPTV software and solutions, marketed to cable MSOs and telecommunications operators (including major Tier 1 operators), as well as Smart TV manufacturers.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Vice President, North America Sales, the Regional VP of Sales will assume responsibility for all US sales activities in pursuit of the company’s regional revenue and growth targets. Driving top line results, the Regional VP of Sales will assume leadership responsibility for customer acquisition and growth across assigned customer and geographic segments.
The position requires that the Regional VP be strongly networked with the US and Canada cable industry executives and be able to orchestrate a sales process at multiple levels within a large Pay TV cable or telecom operators.
The position also requires an ability to network with partners, operators and multiple levels of organizational complexity to gather and structure account intelligence, political climate, the real decision process in pursuit of identifying, creating and closing opportunities for video software.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth
- Proven, innovative technology
- A successful, well-funded organization and committed executive team
- Highly entrepreneurial culture
- An opportunity to make a real difference
- Actively participate as a member of the regional management team and contribute to the overall corporate strategy.
- Lead the development of sales strategies and execute the tactical implementation of the plans.
- Maintain, improve and create senior level relationships with existing customers with a view to driving additional revenues.
- Take a leadership role in major account relationships, closing complex deals and building ongoing partnerships.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and trends.
- Provide leadership in probing customers for evolving requirements and ensure that the firm’s technology roadmap reflects and serves those needs.
- Report regularly and proactively to senior management on results and plans going forward.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Regional VP Sales:
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes, targets and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner; Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience; Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- 10-15 years of progressive sales management experience. An impeccable track record of success delivering on targets and new customer acquisition in North America.
- Solution level technical understanding of the video software ecosystem within the PayTV industry.
- Understands the elements of complex solution selling, technical and organizational selling in the PayTV industry.
- Understands market based strategic selling to build momentum to aid individual account campaigns.
- A broad understanding of, and broad CTO level relationships within the North American cable and telecom service provider community.
- Understands, participates, well networked with the executive club in the North America cable industry and telecom industry.
- Experience in mid-sized growth-oriented software companies would be highly valued.
- Strong team orientation well suited to constructive dialogue, finding solutions to achieve business goals and, and ensuring strong, rapid, crisp execution to win.
- A bias for action combined with a hands-on approach and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A sophisticated understanding of the processes and metrics required for sales success
- A willingness to travel as required
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation commensurate with the right candidate.