THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a mid-sized manufacturing business in a growing marketplace. It has established an excellent reputation with clients and has a dominant market position in North America. The overall goal is continued, profitable growth through organic sales and acquisitions. Our client prides itself in being a customer’s best resource for the planning, design, fabrication, management, and successful execution for each unique project.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO, the SVP, Marketing and Business Development will oversee the design, enhancement, implementation, reporting, and oversight of the Company’s sales, marketing and business development activity.
The SVP, Marketing and Business Development is responsible for a wide range of functions including, but not limited to, those set out below:
- Contribute to the overall management of the business within the company.
- Work with the CEO to develop strategies and find best solutions for current sales and to achieve future growth.
- Work with the appropriate stakeholders, create the strategic vision for the how the multiple brands will work in the marketplace. Oversee the management of the Company’s day-to-day sales efforts to meet budget and other financial goals.
- Develop and manage key sales and marketing metrics.
- Provide status updates and reports to CEO on the day-to-day activities of the sales organization and individual sales and marketing departments.
- Motivate and lead the company’s sales management team; foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the organization.
- Lead the team to develop and prepare short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organization goals and objectives. Recommends their adoption to the CEO.
- Through the marketing team, foster effective lead generation activities that will increase sales.
- Develop strategies to overcome or eliminate obstacles that may hinder effective sales techniques.
- Work closely with the estimating organization on timely and realistic quotes for existing and prospective clients. Negotiate, calculate and prepare client quotations.
- Track bid and quote progress.
- Actively involved in the due diligence, planning and execution of the company’s growth plan and a focus on expanding it into new markets and geographic locations.
- Lead the post-acquisition sales activities, including integration efforts. Identify and deploy best / repeatable processes across the organization.
- Continually research and develop new applications for products and services offered.
- Create and maintain client relationships, consistently searching for new, potential clients who may benefit from services and products provided.
- Develop strategies and drive the client’s expansion to the global market.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Adopts an energetic approach. Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
- 10-15 years of experience in sales and marketing of industrial products including experience in multi-brand environments.
- A track record of success distinguished by having cultivated positive working relationships with staff, peers and superiors.
- Excellent communication and strong leadership abilities.
- Experience selling to the brewing industry would be a distinct asset.
- Global experience is a definite asset.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Attractive, highly competitive compensation package for the successful candidate