THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
As a highly specialized IT service provider in the eCommerce space, our client is quickly becoming the go-to hosting partner for leading retailers and other online commerce organizations. The company focuses on supporting leading eCommerce platforms and also offers an array of augmentation services. Services include: fully managed PCI compliance, application performance management, DoS mitigation, content delivery, and load-testing.
With data centers in Toronto ON., Western Canada; and Southern United States, our client continues to gain strong traction across North America working with an increasing number of international enterprises.
The firm’s goal is to become the premier eCommerce managed services company in the world and although a lofty target, they are certain that their specialization, differentiation and depth of expertise is their vehicle to that destination.
Scope of Position
Our client boasts an exciting, well articulated strategy, growing core markets, a uniquely positioned suite of service offerings, a myriad of new market opportunities, a dedicated team and a committed ownership. Owning that strategy and driving its execution will be the responsibility of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Work with the Board of Directors and members of the senior management team to refine the strategic and operating plans and priorities.
- Work with the board and members of the senior management team to implement and execute the strategic direction. Activities shall include focusing the company’s existing market plans, expanding and improving market penetration, enhancing competitive positioning, driving partnering/channel development and overall strategic roadmap.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the company to ensure the timely implementation and execution of the business and financial plans.
- Architect the organization ensuring that it has in place the human resources, processes and operational capabilities by which to scale and the corporate culture to outperform.
- Drive the revenue build process with substantive rapid growth the goal. Build and align the sales organization to those goals. Maintain, improve, create senior level relationships with existing and potential customers and strategic partners.
- Provide ongoing direction, performance management and developmental support to the executive team. Continue to build world-class capabilities. Focus the team to accelerate and drive the growth in revenues, new market development, sector leadership and profitability.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and trends with a view to ensuring that all alliance, acquisition and investment opportunities are considered and the most attractive pursued.
- Lead the expansion of the company business and brand into new markets. Engage with strategic stakeholders in those markets.
- Report regularly and proactively to the board of directors on results and plans going forward.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Operational performance (availability, performance and security etc etc)
- Financial metrics relevant to the firm such as pipe, MRR, revenues, EBITDA, proft etc.
- Refinement of the HR policies and their relevant metrics around attraction, motivation and retention
- Customer satisfaction metrics
The following competencies listed below define the role of – President and CEO at Our Client:
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Developing & Coaching Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees. Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development. Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities. Adjusts coaching style based on each employee’s ability and motivation level.
Makes an immediate positive impression upon others. Has presence and commands respect. Comes across with force and quickly establishes credibility. Accurately predicts the effects of own words and actions. Makes an immediate positive impression upon others.
Delegates responsibility to match the skill and ability level of team members. Provides others with the scope and resources necessary in order to complete assignments effectively. Creates an environment where individuals have the latitude to use their discretion.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Imagines future possibilities. Thinks broadly and investigates a wide-range of alternatives in developing a vision for the future. Selects the most promising vision from a range of alternatives and communicates this vision to others.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are
important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance
- Minimum of 15 years experience in senior leadership capacity and at least five years in a CEO/President/COO role with specific revenue growth mandate.
- Experience in the eCommerce industry, ideally delivering IT solutions to eCommerce providers and end clients as a Managed IT Hosting service provider
- Track record of working with multiple, successful mid-sized companies ($10-250mm) driving accelerated revenue growth over extended periods
- Proven entrepreneurial experience with appropriate financial, market and business acumen in scaling businesses.
- A driving management style which leverages the strengths of the existing team while stretching and motivating them in attaining breakthrough results.
- Track record defined in part by an ability to consistently execute on agreed upon objectives.
- A highly intelligent, strategically minded executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves.
- Strong sales and marketing orientation marked by a sense of urgency and a demonstrable track record of accelerating growth.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive salary and bonus structure as well as stock option package commensurate with experience.