THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a Canadian, employee-owned multidisciplinary professional services firm that delivers a comprehensive range of technical and strategic services, including consulting, information technology, engineering, process development, project and construction management to the Mining, Metallurgical, Energy, and Infrastructure sectors. The firm has served clients for over 80 years and has project experience in more than 150 countries around the world.
Our client is widely recognized for its ability to bridge the gaps between research and innovative technologies, and between engineering and reliable operations. The firm is particularly known for working with senior client management to develop business strategies; managing and optimizing production; executing projects that involve the scale-up of process technologies; and managing start-ups, commissioning and ramp-ups.
Our client delivers unprecedented business results for its clients through a commitment to quality, lower operating costs, more efficient utilization of capital assets, higher standards for safety and risk management, faster start-ups and continuous performance improvements in all projects and programs.
Scope of Position
Our client is currently seeking a highly accomplished individual to refine and drive its advisory practice across its infrastructure sector clients. Reporting to the global head of advisory services, the Global Director will lead a team mandated with finding the best solutions for clients across the firm’s enhanced, globally connected infrastructure business.
Solutions currently include expert advisory services to senior executives for due diligence and investment business planning (IBP), business improvement services such as asset management, energy optimization and operations improvement (BI), operations readiness, commissioning and ramp-up (OCR) and market studies and strategies (MSS). They combine consulting process expertise with deep technical expertise to deliver on its reputation for excellence.
- Working with the Global head of advisory as well as members of the senior management team of the infrastructure sector and the advisory practice to further refine and implement the strategic direction of the advisory group in the Infrastructure sector. This will include refining the vision, focusing the strategic road map and existing market plans, expanding and improving market penetration, and enhancing competitive positioning.
- Ensuring that organizational capacity is in place by which to deliver on the advisory group’s plans in the Infrastructure sector
- Championing the group’s interests to major customers and internal stakeholders.
- Providing ongoing direction and developmental support to the team. Continue to build world-class capabilities together with the advisory practice leaders. Focus the team to accelerate and drive the growth of the business, new market development, sector leadership and profitability.
- Ensuring that the infrastructure advisory plans are fully aligned with the objectives and direction of the infrastructure sector.
- Aligning the culture, values, metrics and governance of the advisory group to those of the overall organization.
- Reporting regularly and proactively to the Global Head of advisory on results and plans going forward.
- Leading the expansion of the advisory business and brand into new markets. Engage with strategic stakeholders in those markets.
- Remaining abreast of the industry, competitors and trends with a view to ensuring that the firm’s services best align to market needs. Ensure that all alliance, acquisition and investment opportunities are considered and the most attractive pursued.
- Serve as an ambassador for the group representing it at appropriate conferences, speaking engagements, and other external industry related events.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be discussed with and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Global Director Advisory Services – Infrastructure:
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Incorporates information about the organization’s structure and protocol into decisions. Attentive to the internal politics and alert to shifting interpersonal dynamics. Establishes the necessary support networks and cross-functional relationships through rapport building. Recognizes, maintains and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in senior consulting/leadership capacity preferably with experience in engineering.
- Proven experience in building a significant practice focused on infrastructure or related markets.
- A highly intelligent, strategically minded executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves.
- High collaborative, strong team orientation well-suited to building consensus in a global concern.
- Toronto-based or willingness to relocate to Toronto
- Experience in building and managing distributed teams of professionals
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive, unique compensation package to the successful candidate
If interested, please contact:
Leigh Walsh Robert Hebert
StoneWood Group, Toronto StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 555 Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777
Mob: 416-937-7559 Mob: 416-889-9494