THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
IIROC is the national self-regulatory organization which oversees all investment dealers and trading activity on debt and equity marketplaces in Canada. Created in 2008 through the consolidation of the Investment Dealers Association of Canada and Market Regulation Services Inc., IIROC sets high quality regulatory and investment industry standards, protects investors and strengthens market integrity while maintaining efficient and competitive capital markets. IIROC carries out its regulatory responsibilities through setting and enforcing rules regarding the proficiency, business and financial conduct of dealer firms and their registered employees and through setting and enforcing market integrity rules regarding trading activity on Canadian equity marketplaces.
Build the vision for strategic and quantitative analysis and be part of a growing team working on cutting edge research to provide deep insight, actionable measurement and analysis into the complex financial world of market and dealer firm regulation.
As a member of the Senior Management Team reporting to the Senior Vice President of Market Regulation, the Vice President of Analytics is a key strategic role responsible for the leadership of the organization’s growing national analytics team. The successful candidate will be mandated to proactively analyze and interpret Canadian capital market activity providing quantitative evidence of the impact of regulatory initiatives and the health of the Canadian markets, and to support the organization’s strategic initiatives.
IIROC’s strategic goals include leveraging the market and dealer firm data it collects to analyze trends, identify emerging risks, inform its regulatory approach and provide deep industry insights through the publication of research initiatives. As well as the opportunity to work on high impact research that will shape IIROC direction and, as a thought leader, stimulate national and international debates, the role will also focus on the advancement of data and analytic capabilities to support its regulatory mandate.
- Provide leadership in developing and planning strategic and quantitative analysis to achieve the organization’s mission and goals;
- Collaborate with industry thought leaders to leverage IIROC’s unique data repositories to provide ground breaking research and enhance IIROC’s reputation;
- Implement specific strategies to develop and lead a team of experts in capital markets, quantitative analysis, and data science;
- Lead and direct the organization’s analytics mandate including:
- Market and dealer firm trend analysis;
- Studies f the impact and ongoing effectiveness of regulatory and other Canadian market structure changes;
- Supprt of the organizations’ strategic initiatives;
- Provide expert counsel and thought leadership both internally and externally as a representative of the organization;
- Participate in the overall management and strategic direction of the organization.
- d maintain the annual marketing plan and budget
- Combine innovation with strong computational and statistical/quantitative skills with demonstrated leadership, strategic, and mentoring abilities;
- Highly advanced knowledge of and experience with programming and quantitative concepts, analytics platforms, and programming languages;
- Experience with machine learning and artificial intelligence highly desirable;
- Experience with developing and enforcing standards of data collection and analysis;
- Strong management experience, including history of leading national teams;
- Ability to build relationships and work closely with internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills from both a business and technical audience perspective;
- Experience in publication of research and public presentation an asset;
- Exceptional ability to provide ongoing analysis of trends and changes in capital markets and the financial industry that may impact the Canadian marketplaces;
- Experience of statistical methods with a machine learning experience is highly desirable;
- Experience with equity and debt trading and a working knowledge of trading strategies of participants and their clients would be a definite asset.
Preferred Experience / Education
- PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Math, or related fields;
- At least 3 years of senior management experience and a proven ability to manage a national team;
- Strong working knowledge of the functioning of the capital markets and securities industry, including a deep understanding of trading systems, practices, and market activities.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary, variable compensation along with other compensation