THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Client
Client helps companies measure and manage their most important asset…people.
Client developed a comprehensive suite of business intelligence tools for HR. In addition, it has compiled its real-world findings to develop benchmarks for employee and management engagement scores across North America.
Client has become a pioneer in employee research and works with some of the world’s leading companies in the technology, healthcare, financial services, retail and government sectors. With their accumulated expertise and customized tools, organizations can measure, manage, and improve performance to compete more effectively.
Scope of Position
Client has an opportunity for a Sales Professional in GTA. The applicant must be a Canadian resident, preferably located in, or within commuting distance to Toronto. This individual will report to the President.
This sales professional will work to sell employee engagement survey projects. To do so, they will need to combine prior industry experience; acquire expertise around Client’s proprietary methodology and an understanding of client business issues.
Client provides services to clients in the financial services, technology, oil and gas, mining, healthcare and government sectors. Functional areas addressed within these market segments include: Senior Leadership (the CEO and “C” suite), Organizational Development and Human Resources. Typical engagements include standard or custom employee engagement survey projects, onboarding surveys or exit surveys, and service related survey action planning and recommendations. All projects are supported by project managers, report analysts, IT and client services manager based in Ottawa.
After an intensive 3-month onboarding process, during which the sales professional is exposed to the approach and application of core Client methodologies, the Company will provide on-going capability development to master the application and leadership of all Client technologies. Capability development will then be extended beyond to include sales capability, client management, and leadership and management skills.
The ultimate goal of developing the above capabilities is to fully transition into the lead sales professional in the GTA – responsible for servicing existing clients; developing new business; and extending Client’s brand in the marketplace.
Tasks typically involve:
- Calling on new prospects in targeted markets
- Maintaining long-term relationships with clients
- Developing proposals and responding to RFPs
- Meeting regular sales targets
- Updating sales systems that generate forecast and sales performance reports
- Making client presentations and demonstrating how Client offerings meet client needs
- Negotiating terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs
- Supporting marketing activities by attending conferences and other marketing events as required
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or other relevant advanced qualification or progression towards obtaining such a qualification highly desirable
- Minimum of 5 years experience gained in a consulting shop or experience in a HR or Organizational Development setting in a large organization
- Management experience or other positions of responsibility where personal actions and behavior have high impact
- Successful history of selling to large accounts and comfortable with long-cycle sales
- Evidence of upward mobility in a large organization, i.e., a career track that indicates progressive movement and development
- Successful leadership of and involvement in addressing complex business-critical issues, or management projects such as employee engagement surveys, change management initiatives or other wide scale improvement projects
- Understanding of current management principles and practices, e.g., Engagement, Talent Management, Lean, Six Sigma, Balanced Scorecard or other related industry practices
The following personal attributes and skills are required:
- Achievement orientation
- Ability to work independently from a home office
- Personal initiative; self-motivating; high internal drive
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Active listening skills
- Able to quickly establish professional and personal credibility with clients
- Continuous learner with a coach and mentor mentality
- Open to being mentored
- Ability to articulate and present a complex idea or set of ideas in a simple and easy way on paper or verbally
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer competitive benefits to our employees. With the expectation to double your salary as your client base grows. In addition, we offer:
- Opportunity to be your own boss
- Build a valuable business in the GTA area for both you and the Company
- Healthcare plan
- Generous Commissions based on performance
- Paid vacation time
- All business expenses covered