About the Company
Our client is an award-winning Canadian, employee-owned multidisciplinary firm that delivers a comprehensive range of technical and strategic services, including consulting, information technology, engineering, process development, project and construction management to large industrial sectors. The firm has served clients for over 80 years and has project experience in more than 150 countries around the world.
The firm is widely recognized for its ability to bridge the gaps between research and innovative technologies, and between engineering and reliable operations. The firm is particularly known for working with clients to develop business strategies and technologies; managing and optimizing production; executing projects that involve the scale-up of process technologies; and managing start-ups, commissioning and ramp-ups.
Our client delivers unprecedented business results for its clients through a commitment to quality, lower operating costs, more efficient utilization of capital assets, higher standards for safety and risk management, faster start-ups and continuous performance improvements in all projects and programs.
Scope of Position
Our client is currently seeking a highly accomplished individual to refine and drive its Global Talent Acquisition function.
Reporting to the Global Head of Human Resources, the Global Talent Acquisition Director will be responsible for global processes, systems, selection tools and methods, and measurement of our client’s external talent acquisition practices.
The individual will lead a global, distributed Talent Acquisition team (25+) driving a world-class recruitment organization with the overall goal to hire exceptional talent. The successful candidate is most comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial organization where they have a significant influence on the success of the business. They are a focused, top performer in their current role and have a strong track record of coaching and developing exceptional recruitment teams as well as rolling up their sleeves when appropriate. They possess a unique blend of HR technical skills, business savvy, exceptional relationship-building skills and a genuine passion for supporting internal clients and their team.
The successful candidate is a hands-on, motivated leader who has both the confidence and ability to develop strong relationships with internal clients, external vendors, and candidates alike. The individual thrives working in a fast-paced, matrixed environment and has an orientation towards working collaboratively, taking initiative and driving initiatives forward.
- Build a high-performance Talent Acquisition team proactive, consultative and productive;
- Take steps to increase the diversity of the overall workforce;
- Enhance overall quality of hires and fit – further develop hiring manager selection skills, use of assessment tools, hiring for culture fit, hiring for today and the future;
- Focus on operational excellence:
- Productivity and accountability to deliver;
- Measurement (e.g. time to fill, candidate experience, quality of hire);
- Using technology to improve efficiency and quality of hire;
- Minimizing agency fees;
- Being ready with candidates before they are needed;
- Manage both experienced and campus hires;
- Work closely with Marketing to translate company value proposition into unique branding, attraction and recruitment strategies including online presence and through social media;
- Create workforce and hiring plans, both annually and for specific projects;
- Stewardship of company global selection process, focusing on diversity, speed, quality and cost;
- Lead distributed team of 25-30 professionals world-wide through regional talent acquisition leads;
- Bring new selection approaches and technologies to the company (AI, assessments, etc.) to improve TA results;
- Continuously improve the TA system on Success Factors;
- Develop additional capacity through relationships with external partners and agencies;
- Manages global agency procurement process, using agencies in the right spots and minimizing cost;
- Contributes to global HR leadership team on broader issues;
- Build flexible capacity into TA team, to enable the organization to respond quickly to rapid upturns or downturns in the business;
- Create a culture within the Talent Acquisition Team that supports process improvement, increased efficiency and cost effectiveness;
- Establish and maintain talent market expertise including comprehensive view of industry trends and competitors, innovative recruiting techniques, provide expertise in market insights and talent landscape across our client’s diverse sectors;
- Conduct regular meetings with senior executives to review strategic hiring needs, recruiting activities, and applicant pipeline development plans – adapting as required to the changing needs of the business;
- Enhance candidate experience by establishing and maintaining responsive, consistent feedback loop for candidates;
- Empower the Talent Acquisition Team through regular coaching and engagement practices by sharing industry trends, market intelligence, and best practices.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be discussed with and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Global Talent Acquisition Director:
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles; Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added and return on investment; Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Incorporates information about the organization’s structure and protocol into decisions. Attentive to the internal politics and alert to shifting interpersonal dynamics. Establishes the necessary support networks and cross-functional relationships through rapport building. Recognizes, maintains and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts; Divides problems into their individual elements; Develops several explanations or alternatives; Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Quickly adapts to new situations and approaches; Open to change and readily adopts new methods in the face of shifting priorities and ambiguity; Can alter own perspective and behavior in order to adjust to changing demands and plans.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- Solid recruiting history preferably working in an internal role within a professional services organization;
- At least 15 years of progressive TA experience;
- Global thinker with multinational experience;
- Very strong leadership, management and organizational skills;
- Operations and continuous improvement skills;
- High EQ (self-awareness, empathy, social skills, self-regulation, desire to learn);
- Resilient, confident, persistent;
- Comfortable analyzing and drawing conclusions from complex and multiple data sources;
- Courage to challenge, defend position, hold ground with senior leadership;
- Change leadership skills (initiate change, plan, project-manage, overcome resistance, making change stick);
- Strong, concise, persuasive communication skills (reports, 1:1, meetings, public speaking);
- Able to make good decisions under pressure, and in ambiguous circumstances;
- Consummate team builder and team player;
- Creative problem solver;
- Strong people developer (willing to hire people smarter than you, good eye for talent, create and support stretch assignments, give feedback, career sponsor, rewards and recognizes).
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive, unique compensation package to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 221