About the Company
Our client is an award-winning Canadian, employee-owned multidisciplinary firm that delivers a comprehensive range of technical and strategic services, including consulting, information technology, engineering, process development, project, and construction management to large industrial sectors. They has served clients for over 80 years and has project experience in more than 150 countries worldwide.
Their ability to bridge the gaps between research and innovative technologies and between engineering and reliable operations is widely renowned. Our client is particularly known for working with clients to develop business strategies and technologies; managing and optimizing production; executing projects that involve the scale-up of process technologies; and managing start-ups, commissioning, and ramp-ups.
Our client delivers unprecedented business results for our clients through a commitment to quality, lower operating costs, more efficient utilization of capital assets, higher standards for safety and risk management, faster start-ups and continuous performance improvements in all projects and programs.
Scope of Position
Our client develops Digital Products and Solutions for the Metals, Energy, and Infrastructure Sectors in Integrated and Remote Operations, Asset Intelligence, Digital Product Delivery, Industrial Automation, IT/OT Integration and Operational Decision Systems. Our clients are increasingly investing in technologies to remove people from remote locations, dangerous workfronts and to achieve real time understanding of complex supply chains to allow better decision making. They combine this digital knowhow with deep industry expertise, business transformation advisory services and engineering capabilities to deliver a holistic outcome for our clients.
Our client is seeking a highly motivated and accomplished Integrated and Remote Operations (IROC) Technologies Global Manager to join our Digital team in North America He/she will report to the Global Director IROC. He/she will be responsible for:
- Innovation to identify market opportunities to develop digital products targeted at enabling integrated operations.
- Driving the lifecyle of IROC products from inception to repeatable commercial viability.
- Partner with customers and stakeholders across the organization to inform products’ vision, strategy, features, and prioritization.
- Leads the product functional design process based on an intimate knowledge of the integrated operations concepts, the industry needs and available technologies.
- Collaborates with internal partners and customers to co-develop a roadmap and drive products and features from concept to launch in a fast-paced environment.
- Works with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including the Analytics and Decision Solutions (ADS) team and Product Development team to deliver the defined roadmap.
- Works in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Works with the Digital go-to-market team to define and executes go-to-market plan, working to ensure that relevant business units, marketing, and sales team have what they need to be successful.
- Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment.
- Pursue, nurture and leverage key internal relationships critical for the success of the offerings. Evangelize relentlessly.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and technology trends and align our services to market needs. Consider alliances, investment opportunities and acquisitions to improve market position and grow revenue.
- Establish their eminence in the market through delivery of conference presentations, participation in industry forums, publication of white papers and other thought leadership articles.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific additional measures of performance will be discussed with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Integrated and Remote Operations (IROC) Technologies Global Manager …
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Incorporates information about the organization’s structure and protocol into decisions. Attentive to the internal politics and alert to shifting interpersonal dynamics. Establishes the necessary support networks and cross-functional relationships through rapport building. Recognizes, maintains and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise..
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in the renewable energy sector.
- 8+ years of experience in product development or similar roles.
- Have had senior leadership roles in the development and implementation of digital solutions for IROCs in the mining, metals, energy, or infrastructure industries.
- Deep knowledge of how a wholistic design approach (across people, process, technology, and facilities) can be best applied to deliver maximum value to our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance or Business, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience, an MBA or equivalent postgraduate degree is advantageous
- Be able to articulate a vision for the next generation of digitally enabled IROCs and the associated value proposition for our clients.
- Strong initiative, eagerness to break new ground and create opportunities for others.
- Be able to positively influence by possessing the skills and leadership competencies necessary to facilitate team building, client relations, negotiation, decision making and creative problem solving.
- Be known in the market as a thought leader who is driving industry trends related to integrated and remote operations.
- An innovative and results oriented individual who thrives in a challenging and fast-paced work environment.
- Superior communicator with the ability to interact professionally and considerately with client(s), gaining co-operation and respect.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to present concepts, ideas, and insights to the project team and clients.
- Embracing an entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to solve complex functional/process issues which cross organizational boundaries; ability to liaise and negotiate.
- Undertake regional travel to client/project sites as required.
Why you should consider his opportunity
Our client is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We believe in exceptional ideas delivered with exceptional service. You will be:
- Solving complex problems for our clients across different industries
- Thinking globally and having a global impact, acting locally
- Acting like owners, engaging with people who make a difference
- Be part of a growing area for the company in an industry of accelerated change
In addition, our client offers you:
- Flexible work environment
- Long-term career development
- Comprehensive benefits program
This employer is committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and in the world.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive, unique compensation package to the successful candidate
If interested, please contact:
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 555
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777