THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About Our Client
Our Client is Canada’s export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. They take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join their team, you’ll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 13,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you’ll know that you’re making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, Client has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
Scope of Position
In Late 2019, Client created a dedicated Technology & Digital Assets (TDA) team to be led by a Chief Digital Officer (CDO). Over the past 9 months, TDA, in partnership with the business, has established a digital strategy and transformation roadmap to deliver on the longer-term corporate strategy. In addition, corporate functions have co-designed their respective digital roadmap and transformation blue print. The strategy has been approved by the board of directors and is now in start-up mode. Client now seeks a tenured leader to govern and manage the entire digital transformation effort in partnership with the business estimated at $250M+ over the next 3-4 years.
Reporting to the Vice-President Digital Strategy, IT Delivery & Transformation, you will govern and manage the transformation program while providing leadership in ensuring Client’s culture and ways of working also evolve. You will start by designing a dream team of digital experts that will lead crucial aspects of the transformation and be focused on benefit realization and outcomes of results. Strong partnership with the business will be imperative as the model chosen to execute the transformation must ensure continuing operations while allowing for the design and development of new solutions. The governance and oversight of the transformation will also demand strong collaboration with the multiple digital teams, including cyber security, data & analytics and technology assets & operations. Throughout, executive and employee engagement will be crucial, and strong communication skills coupled with a data driven mindset and relentless focus on results are crucial behaviors.
This role falls within our strategic planning and corporate development discipline. The candidate develops the organization’s strategic plan(s) to ensure its continued successful growth and relevancy. He/She also conducts environmental scans, organization positioning analyses and other studies to establish and support the organization’s long-range goals. This role also coordinates input from all major business units to facilitate the integration of individual business unit plans with the corporate plan; in this case the digital plan. This senior role will conduct or facilitate periodic reviews of achievements and performance versus strategic plans and will evaluate, develop initiatives and analyzes opportunities in both new and existing businesses.
- Set up the digital transformation office to deliver a successful cross corporation transformation.
- Establish and refine an integrated measurement framework, KPI portfolio, scorecard and transformation dashboard to be communicated on a sprint basis while provided frequent review of progress, outcomes and results to facilitate decision making, risk monitoring and mitigation.
- Partners with business strategy unit to work collaboratively on change and communications strategies, deploy and evolve the digital transformation governing model allowing for sound choice making across the transformation roadmap.
- Leads multi-stakeholder, organization-wide strategic initiatives from current state to the desired future state through idea generation, planning, design, implementation and evaluation.
- Ensures strong integration of roadmap execution throughout the TDA groups, putting data first and sequencing the necessary fundamentals/core digital assets are met and cyber security is paramount
- Provides direction, empowers and motivates a team of senior consultants and strategic transformation throughout the initiative(s) to ensure the success of the transformation.
- Identifies and manages resources and budgets required to complete strategic transformation work; develops a budget report and schedule for monitoring expenditures and variance analysis of all assigned aspects of the initiative and reports regularly to the sponsor(s).
- Takes on an evangelist role and through leadership to lines of business, increasing awareness of new features, and documenting best practices and drive the best outcomes, ensuring alignment with the overall digital transformation vision and strategy.
Preferred Experience and Education
- Undergraduate Degree with a specialization in business strategy, technology
- Minimum 10 years experience and particular expertise in leading on cross-corporation transformation programs within the financial sector or relevant sector; $250M+
- Advanced knowledge of digital strategies, business models/platforms, data & analytics and marketplace-ecosystems.
- Minimum 5 years of leadership and change management experience
- Bilingual in both official languages French and English, an asset
Skills and Assets:
- Graduate degree in relevant field technology, business administration
- Experience in the FinTech sector is helpful
- Exceptional influencing skills and preferred experience working cross functionally across many areas and levels of an organization
- Specific expertise in developing strategic alternatives with cross functional implications and financial impact
If interested, please contact:
CATHERINE PAN DIRECTOR RESEARCH GROUP firstname.lastname@example.org (613) 592 4145 EXT 223