Client’s product is sold in every continent in the world and well over 50 countries. Product is a high quality, luxury gift: beautiful design, effective stimulation, long-lasting, body-safe, eco-friendly. The company has doubled sales each year and has been recognized as one of the most popular and effective Couples Sexual Wellbeing products within the industry. Client’s product enables heterosexual couples in committed relationships to increase the fun, pleasure and intimacy of their love-making. Its product is the world’s most popular vibrator for couples. That’s because only product is worn while making love so that both partners share and enjoy added stimulation.
In many respects, this is a sophisticated product incorporating various technologies sold mainly in the Adult market but the significant potential is the Mainstream brick and mortar stores such as drugstores, spas and lingerie shops. Over 750,000 units have been sold worldwide. The company has recently released 3 new synergistic products to compliment the produce portfolio with an exciting product release schedule planned for the next year.
The company distributes its product mainly through the retail and web store channels also utilizing distributors as channel partners.
Scope of Position
The Vice President – Marketing is a pivotal role for the growth of the company and will have responsibility for and oversee the company’s entire marketing effort. Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President – Marketing will be responsible for the development and implementation of all strategic and tactical marketing programs for Client’s product as well as drive the product strategy, product definition and NPI process. The mandate includes managing and aiding in the development of the creative process, execution of marketing, support materials and co-ordination with internal/external resources to discuss marketing requirements.
Demonstrated ability to:
• Formulate product strategies to ensure successful penetration and growth in the marketplace;
• Create both corporate and product/technology/messages and market positioning, ensuring each is specific to a target audience and/or partner;
• Manage the development of marketing initiatives, including online, print advertisements, promotional materials, product literature, web site and other marketing opportunities deemed appropriate for the business;
• Create and implement an integrated, measurable marketing communications plan to generate leads, drive revenue, and gain recognition for products; responsible for the management of major marketing events, e. g. trade show management, film festivals;
• Establish programs to incorporate all aspects of offline and online lead generation activities: including public relations, direct mail, web seminars, trade shows, advertising, speaking engagements;
• Manage reseller and customer reference base;
• Identify and develop new distribution opportunities;
• Oversee and evaluate market research and intelligence and adjust market strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
• Translate market needs in the form of a product strategy and integrate into a comprehensive market plan including product definition, pricing and R&D priorities
• Develop strong relationships across the industry sector through establishing partnerships, joint ventures, alliances and/or technology licensing agreements.
• Devise and deliver effective selling tools to support sales channels such as demos, presentations, collateral, competitive analysis and objection handling
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities:
• University degree in business, marketing or a related discipline
• 7 to 10 years experience in senior marketing roles in the fast-paced consumer environment with extensive customer involvement
• Extensive experience and knowledge of the consumer online market
• Proven track record in creating inspiring corporate image particularly web based
• Experience working in early stage company environment
• Strong organization, planning and time management skills
• Ability to develop relationships with key internal and external contacts
• Proven experience in effectively positioning a company for growth
• Excellent interpersonal, communications, presentation, writing and editing skills
• Proven success in creating and executing marketing programs entrepreneurial, consumer focus
Remuneration and Benefits
• base + bonus + stock options + benefits package
For this role, Please contact Catherine Pan at StoneWood Group.