THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Founded in 1981, StoneWood Group is a Canadian Executive Search firm, with offices in Toronto and Ottawa. Our hard work, persistence and keen understanding of how to identify, recruit and develop exceptional talent has helped hundreds of organizations achieve their goals. It has been our privilege to watch companies not only flourish, but also achieve tier-one status as a result of adding outstanding executive talent.
Our culture, which is boldly independent and entrepreneurial, extends to both of our office locations, where we combine specialized and local knowledge in the best interests of our clients. To serve our clients globally, we have collaborated with other highly successful, like-minded executive search firms in the USA, Europe and Asia Pacific. Together, Access Search Partners define executive search without compromise or borders.
StoneWood Group has a reputation for thought leadership, and our talented consultants are experts in their fields, drawing on extensive industry experience to help our clients make the best possible hiring decisions. We have access to deep international candidate databases, as well as unique search methodologies developed by leading industrial psychologists. Plus, we can introduce our clients to innovative behavioural-based interview techniques and resources that will help identify the candidate that’s right for them.
Scope of Position
As our practice continues to grow, we are seeking a highly motivated recent graduate with an interest in learning our business. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is interested in a multi-faceted role that allows them to demonstrate their skill set. Responsibilities will start with office administration and supporting consultants in researching on behalf of our clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of tasks including general office and administration duties, as well as research. The incumbent will have a strong aptitude for multi-tasking with strong prioritizing and organizational skills. Excellent communication, customer service and problem-solving skills as well as attention to detail are essential. The candidate should have excellent knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint and be willing to learn new software.
The position will evolve based on the capabilities and interests of the individual.
- Manage office administration for Toronto location
- Responsible for ensuring invoices and accounts are accurate and commissions and bills are paid
- Researching the hi-tech industry in Canada for business development and recruiting purposes; sourcing and profiling companies
- Editing and proofreading position profiles, contracts and business development presentations
- Collaborating on the creation of a monthly email newsletter for employees
- Database maintenance, invoicing, ordering office supplies, bank deposits, incoming/outgoing mail, data entry, etc.
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Keep a current record of staff members’ whereabouts and availability.
- Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail, messages and courier deliveries.
- Take orders for merchandise or materials and send them to the proper departments to be filled.
Preferred Experience / Education
- Post-secondary education preferably in a Business related discipline
- Demonstrated understanding of Microsoft Office Applications
- Demonstrated ability to work/learn independently
- Marketing Knowledge is an asset
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive compensation package to the successful candidate