THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
As digital transformation shapes and disrupts the ways in which consumers and businesses communicate and interact, firms are working harder than ever to compete for the business of today’s tech-savvy consumers. Among the initiatives found to be most effective for success is enhancing customer experience. Simply stated, organizations that create exceptional customer experiences set themselves apart from their competitors.
Our client obsesses over customer experience. Their innovative SaaS software enhances digital presence and capabilities to significantly improving customer experience while increasing operational efficiencies. The ROI is substantial.
Our client’s mission is to deliver the highest value to its customers with unparalleled solutions/services built on innovative technologies, deep technical knowledge and exceptional customer service. Customers include major corporations in financial services, retail, and telecommunication. Specialized and highly regarded, the firm has grown to become a leader in its field.
Our client is a noted award-winning Canadian start-up that boasts exceptional customer and employee ratings and a blue-chip group of investors.
Scope of Position
Armed with differentiated market offerings, marquee accounts, and large addressable markets, our client is poised for explosive growth. Driving that growth will be the responsibility of the Vice-President of Sales.
Reporting to the CEO, and assuming a pivotal position on the management team, the Vice President Sales will be responsible for developing, directing and executing the company’s sales strategy for its customer experience platform into large financial services customers.
Working as a ‘player/coach’ the VP of Sales will drive top line results while building an effective and scalable sales organization.
The position is Toronto-based.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth
- Proven, innovative technology
- Committed and well-funded financial backers
- Highly entrepreneurial culture
- An opportunity to make a real difference
- Develop specific plans and strategies for market capture to achieve the company’s aggressive revenue and profit objectives.
- Take a major role in key account relationships, closing complex deals and building ongoing relationships.
- Hire, train, organize and effectively deploy a high performing sales organization. Architect the team ensuring that it has the resources, processes and operational capabilities by which to outperform and scale.
- Refine sales metrics and KPIs.
- Develop and implement enhanced sales processes to monitor sales funnels and forecasts. Establish a repeatable sales model incorporating a strong value proposition for the different client markets and geographies.
- Focus the team to accelerate and drive the growth of the business, new market development, sector leadership and profitability.
- Maintain, improve, and create senior level relationships with existing customers with a view to driving additional revenues.
- Ensure operational milestones are met on time, with high quality – and that they meet the cost objectives that are established.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and trends.
- Report regularly and proactively to senior management on results and plans going forward.
- Adapt business model to capitalize on evolving customer needs and new competitive offerings.
- Participate in the company’s strategy planning sessions bringing forward innovative ideas and plans in an attempt to bring the company to the next level.
- Assist with corporate positioning and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product positioning.
- Where appropriate, act as a spokesperson for the company with press and analysts and at industry events.
- Provide input on product roadmap that incorporates customer feedback and ensures competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Key Performance Deliverables