About the Company
In a report on trends in data management, the firm G2 predicted that in 2021 data-driven leaders will prioritize investments in scalable data platforms to effectively secure, govern, and analyze data across business functions through a single unified platform. These platforms will provide greater control over and allow seamless access to their data, irrespective of where it resides, ultimately helping them gain valuable insights and make better business decisions.
Our client is a venture-capital backed start-up with an innovative, highly intuitive way for people to collaborate and for data to operate. Their software creates a data environment that provides centralized access via a single, unified view of an organization’s data that inherits access and governance restrictions, irrespective of the data’s format or location. They deliver transformative value to their clients which include major corporations across multiple vertical markets.
Our client’s vision is a single secure platform enabling humanity to collaboratively normalize and organize ALL the world’s knowledge. This is NOT a small idea, in fact, a bigger one cannot be found, anywhere! They are on a mission to restore data autonomy and are adding to their team executives who not only share their vision but are committed to making it happen
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Explosive industry and company growth
- Disruptive technology
- Committed leadership and investors
- An opportunity to make a real difference
Scope of the Position
Reporting to the CEO, the Director Employee Success will be responsible for all people and cultural programs along the employee life cycle, providing business partner expertise at a consultative level on all core operational programs and services. A part of the Executive Team, the leader works as a strategic business advisor and is well versed in the full range of people-related programs and services. The leader collaborates with other teammates to ensure the effective execution of programs when required, responding as a strategic partner, emergency responder, operations manager, and employee mediator to ensure a full range of service offerings.
- Facilitate the evolution of the role from the traditional “Human Resources” to “Employee Success”. The “success-centricity” movement is a big deal at our client, and this is at the center!
- Function as a hands-on, strategic partner to the executive and leadership team while designing and implementing a scalable HR strategy.
- Lead as a consultative partner for all employees in order to develop a unified culture that inspires and fosters high performance, innovation, and retention of performing employees.
- Develop, implement, and maintain performance management and talent review processes.
- Define and lead talent strategy and recruitment efforts, acting as lead recruiter for all roles across the company.
- Consistently embody the company values.
- Own the evaluation and maintenance of HR systems related but not limited to performance management, employee engagement, onboarding/offboarding, compensation, and benefits & perks.
- Partner closely with the Operations team (Recruiting, Finance, Legal, etc.) to ensure our people operations programs, processes, and systems align with our business goals and manage risk appropriately.
- Partner with the company Management Team to resolve employee relations issues; provide coaching and counselling to management and staff; collaborate with legal counsel on issues as appropriate.
- Act with the employee experience top of mind, continuously seeking feedback, inefficiencies, and maintaining business relationships based on trust and respect.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Director, Employee Success at our client:
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner. Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience. Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Consults widely for business or technical advice, probes for facts and obtains information from a wide variety of sources. Differentiates the critical from the irrelevant or trivial.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Preferred Experience and Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- 5+ years of experience in HR.
- 2+ years in an HR Leadership role, managing a team of direct reports.
- Knowledge of complex frameworks, standards, methodologies, processes and tools to deliver on objectives along the employee lifecycle crossing all the HR disciplines including; recruitment, compensation and total rewards, organizational design, talent, organizational development, P&C systems.
- Experience owning HR Operations in a high-growth, fast-paced start-up environment
- Global employment law compliance knowledge.
- Experience partnering with international, distributed teams.
- Well-versed in various leave policies, such as Parental and vacation.
- Analytical expertise; proficient with data-driven analysis as it relates to HR/People.
- Deep understanding of the complex tax, legal, comp and immigration issues related to benefits.
- Exemplary communication ability, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively influence.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package structured to the needs of the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777