THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Sales Engineer: CanadaStoneWood Group has been retained for the search for Client’s first Canadian-based Account Executive. In support of this search, this career profile provides an overview of the organization and the position’s: scope, duties and responsibilities, and preferred experience and education.
Client is a leading provider of software, hardware and services for consumers and producers of energy. The comprehensive suite of integrated products and services help utilities, government entities and Fortune 500 retailers develop and execute smart energy strategies that improve operational efficiency and maximize savings.
The company is headquartered in United States, and has various offices throughout North America.
This position is the primary technical resource for the field sales force. Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer will serve as the primary point of contact for the technical aspects of Client’s services and is responsible for technical portion of presentations, proposals, customer requirements, and service delivery. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. The Sales Engineer must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle. Sales Engineers will report to the Vice President of Sales Engineering.
This position can be located in any major Canadian center with closes ties to Client’s target commercial customers (e.g. retail chains, quick service restaurants, commercial buildings. etc).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivery of product demonstrations.
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences,seminars, etc.
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams.
- Able to travel throughout sales territory.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support.
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess needs, and to determine system requirements.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Sell products requiring extensive technical expertise and support for installation and use, such as material handling equipment, numerical-control machinery, and computer systems.
- Attend trade shows and seminars to promote products or to learn about industry developments.
- Maintain project plans.
- Provide information needed for custom development.
- Provide technical and non-technical support and services to clients or other staff members.
- Train team members in the customer applications of technologies.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- 6-9 years of technical professional experience.
- Bachelors in Engineering or Computer Science ideally combined with an MBA.
- Prior background working with EMS, BAS or OSS/BSS services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in enterprise architecture, system engineering and network administration,
- Experience in software integration with a customer’s enterprise architecture.
- Experience integrating utility remote office and dispatch centers using Internet technology.
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities through the sales life-cycle
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Excited by the pace and ambiguity inherent in a start-up environment. Experience in a startup as well as high growth environment.
Travel will be primarily in Canada; the degree of which is dependent on the candidate’s proximity to Client’s target clients and could be up to 50%.
Some US travel may be required (i.e. to Client HQ or trade events).
Remuneration and Benefits
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications.