THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Headquartered in Toronto, our client is a leading innovator and manufacturer of recycled rubber building products to the global construction industry.
Trusted by architects, builders, contractors, and engineers worldwide, our client’s products provide next generation solutions to difficult building problems. Our client’s mission is to be the largest recycler of scrap polymers in the world through engineering the best products and selling them into every new building built globally. The firm was a 2019 Canada’s Best Managed Company and has been recognized several times over the last few years as one of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies.
With an expanding global footprint, our client now seeks a Director, Manufacturing Operations. Fueled by ongoing capital investment, and a commitment to innovation, the manufacturing facility is highly efficient and state of the art. Continued growth of the business has created the conditions to add a new leader for the facility.
Scope of Position
The Director, Manufacturing Operations will lead the manufacturing team of Production Supervisors and 75+ production staff members at our client’s factory in Toronto. He/she will collaborate with the Director, Process Engineering and will report to the VP, Operations.
The individual will be responsible for ensuring that the organization’s manufacturing strategy and execution capabilities are consistent with the company’s commitment to continued engineering research and development of its many products and manufacturing processes.
To achieve this, the Director, Manufacturing Operations will, in conjunction with the VP, Operations, evaluate all existing systems, processes and metrics with a view to recommending and then implementing continuous improvement mechanisms and disciplines which will minimize production costs and waste while maximizing production and quality outputs. This individual will achieve these results by cultivating positive relationships across the organization while nurturing a culture of excellence.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of functions including, but not limited to, those set out below:
- Oversee and manage daily operations.
- Ensure the implementation and compliance of all safety policies and procedures,
- Ensure that a high level of quality is maintained throughout all aspects of production.
- Ensure established operating and financial performance targets are achieved, develop and lead team(s) to measure and exceed these targets.
- Manage all production commitments, ensuring they are within allocated budget and timelines, to meet targets and ensure efficient use of labor and materials.
- Cultivate a continuous improvement or related lean manufacturing (eg. Kaizen) culture across the organization.
- Provide exceptional service for customers, employees and suppliers.
- Manage the flow of production and develop strategies to improve quality, efficiency and overall flow of production.
- Research and implement technologies to ensure production and product quality improvement.
- Interview, select and oversee training, monitor and evaluate employee’s progress.
- Support the development of internal training programs, utilizing available training resources on a regular basis.
- Develop and foster individual and collective communication within the team.
- Motivate staff through being a positive, encouraging yet non-compromising champion for continual improvement and accountability
- Provide leadership and coaching with the management team and drive the implementation of manufacturing best practices.
- Other duties as required in a rapidly evolving environment.
In addition to the qualifications above candidates must demonstrate the following competencies:
Strives for excellence in products, processes and/or services through continued evaluation, enhancement and redefinition of quality standards.
Planning and Objective Setting.
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Adapts management style to achieve optimum results. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Is firm, fair and friendly.
Brings various perspectives and approaches together, combining them in a creative fashion to implement effective improvements. Challenges existing assumptions. Generates new ideas. Goes beyond the status quo.
Strives to understand the nuances of the business as a whole. Anticipates customers’ needs and modifies manufacturing processes are needed. Monitors and acts on measures of customer satisfaction.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of work on total expenses and revenues.
Aims to improve upon past performance. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them. Focuses strongly on
achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met.
- Experience in implementing best practices in operations, quality systems, and engineering
- Complementary business experience that can be leveraged in the current role and for future growth opportunities.
- A track record of success distinguished by having cultivated positive working relationships with staff, peers and superiors.
- Project management experience beneficial.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- A dynamic and self-motivated person with an entrepreneurial spirit and a structured working style that achieves results.
- Experience in complex ERP/manufacturing/business systems and their utilization
- Proven experience working with and developing high performance teams
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package tailored to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:
|Sal Rocco StoneWood Group, Toronto Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 233||Leigh Walsh StoneWood Group, TorontoBus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 555|